TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Funny pet situations. - December 17th 2015, 10:27 PM

Many of you know that I have three cats, and they are a handful most of the time.

So, this thread is for you to share something funny that your pet does!

I'll start:

Shiloh, my youngest cat, loves when the water in his bowl is moving. When he drinks out of it, he hits the bowl/bottle until the water starts to move. Then he will stick his head sideways in the bowl and drink, meanwhile the entire side of his face is getting wet (because he's essentially drenching himself in water). He is so silly.

Your turn.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: L.

Re: Funny pet situations. - December 17th 2015, 10:39 PM

My hamster when she was still alive used to break free from her cage. And then she would go exploring, visiting such places as behind the couch, under the kitchen furniture or my boot.

My dog on the other hand prefers a more direct way of gaining attention. She sits in front of you and starts growling. Usually when you're making food, if you do not pay attention to her, she'll do that and start poking you with her paw.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Funny pet situations. - December 20th 2015, 02:23 AM

One of my cats is very talkative and we'll meow back and forth for several minutes at a time. All of my cats expect to be greeted and talked to. This particular cat will come up to you and hit you with her paw over and over again until you greet her.

All of my cats enjoy playing in the bathtub for some reason and I don't know why. One of them will duck her head under the faucet and then she'll use the water to clean the rest of her body.

One of my cats is extremely food aggressive. She'll stand up on her hind legs and rip food out of your hands with her front paws. She'll also sit on your shoulder if you're at the dining room table.

A while ago, one of my cats fell into the toilet. I felt bad for him but I still found it hilarious.

Oh! Lexi reminded me, one of my cats plays fetch too. We have it on video.

There are probably plenty more things I'm forgetting here.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Last edited by cynefin; December 20th 2015 at 03:47 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Funny pet situations. - December 20th 2015, 03:03 AM

My one cat is obsessed with water and he once turned on my bathtub and it overfilled. Thank goodness I caught it before it made too much of a mess and there was only some water on the ground. I now have to wrap a towel around the faucet and make sure the drain is open because he did it a few times.

I told my one dog to sit and I didn't say "all done" and I came back a bit later and she was still sitting there.

A few of my other cats play fetch.

A few of my cats like certain vegetables.

My sister left a box of tampons out on her bathroom counter and we came home to open tampons around the house with teeth and claw marks in them.

My other dog will hear you getting a banana and by the time you are cracking it open, she's at your feet sitting and waiting for it. That dog will do anything for a banana. We have to make sure the bananas are put up and away because she's stolen them before.

There's more but

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: Funny pet situations. - December 20th 2015, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassado View Post
One of my cats is very talkative and we'll meow back and forth for several minutes at a time. All of my cats expect to be greeted and talked to. This particular cat will come up to you and hit you with her paw over and over again until you greet her.

All of my cats enjoy playing in the bathtub for some reason and I don't know why. One of them will duck her head under the faucet and then she'll use the water to clean the rest of her body.

One of my cats is extremely food aggressive. She'll stand up on her hind legs and rip food out of your hands with her front paws. She'll also sit on your shoulder if you're at the dining room table.

A while ago, one of my cats fell into the toilet. I felt bad for him but I still found it hilarious.

There are probably plenty more things I'm forgetting here.
Omg, so funny.

Sounds like my cats. Mario is very talkative, and expects to be talked to. Haha. And they all love the bathtub. I don't know what it is. They'll all jump in after I'm out of the shower. Hahah. I also have one cat, luigi, who loves chicken and turkey and meatballs. he will jump up and hug me if he wants food, or anything, really. He loves hugs.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Funny pet situations. - December 22nd 2015, 12:19 AM

My dog has a particular thing with buckets and boxes, whereby if she's putting something in them she has to put it in at exactly the right angle. So if we're at the dog park and it's a hot day, you'll throw a tennis ball and she'll get it, then go over to the water bucket, circle it a few times, and finally drop the ball in the bucket so she can bob for it in the water. She also does a trick involving putting a toy in a box, and I learned very early on that you have to have the box in an open area because if you put it up against the wall and she can't do a full circle of it, she gets frustrated won't do the trick.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread