TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

View Poll Results: Do you give gift cards to your dog walker/doggy daycare?
Yes 2 40.00%
No 2 40.00%
Other, comment below 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Doggy daycare question - June 2nd 2017, 04:33 PM

So, Bentley goes to daycare. He is picked up and then dropped off. As I work long hours this works perfectly for my schedule. The daycare he goes to is outside my city on a farm, lots of space, trails, and dogs he can socialize with.

They pick him up and then drop him off. During the week days a lady picks him up and than a different lady comes to pick him up. I want to say thank you to them for doing this, is it uncommon to give gift cards to them at the end of the month, like $10 gift cards to a coffee shop for an example. Does anyone do this?

I am only asking because, I do want to do this but would it be a lot to give them a gift card even though I am paying for his daycare?

If I do decide to do this, I have no idea what would be appropriate to give. Is this a common practice people do?

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Doggy daycare question - June 3rd 2017, 09:15 PM

I don't know that giving people that you pay to do something for you such as babysit your dog is common but I do know that it is something that some people do. I don't, necessarily, think it would be wrong to show them that you appreciate what they do for you either. In most cases people are going to be thankful. However, there might be a small chance that they will not be able to take a gift card from you.

I know there are rules in most companies about taking gifts from clients. I know that even schools have rules about what kinds of gifts teachers can accept from students and parents. So, you might want to try and find out if they would be able to accept a gift before doing it.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Doggy daycare question - June 4th 2017, 02:37 PM

I never thought about it that way before. It did give me something to think about. Thank you Jenna.

I know some give gifts around Holidays which is more common than every month, I think.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Doggy daycare question - June 7th 2017, 04:34 AM

Personally, we have someone comes Monday to Friday to walk our dogs in the middle of the day (when we're at school or parents at work) and we round up the amount we're paying a week to the next hundred. This is the same person who watches our dogs when we go away so we don't have to board them. We give her a gift certificate for a full spa treatment on the holidays as well as a cash bonus at the end of each month because she goes above and beyond and will do last minute walks.

I think it depends on your financial situation and if it is a company, you want to make sure they can accept gift cards.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Mr.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Edward G. Betlow

Re: Doggy daycare question - June 19th 2017, 10:06 PM

I walk my neighbours' dog sometimes for a small fee. I will be honest, once there are tonnes of dogs - your hand's full, bribing me won't matter

(#6 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Doggy daycare question - June 25th 2017, 06:03 PM

i think it was just money for this guy i dont remember anything about gift cards, but he looks after dogs (often has a whole bunch at once) including taking for walks

Closed Thread