TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

How do I register my cat as an ESA - July 16th 2017, 06:08 AM

I have two cats but I am only allowed to have one as an ESA I believe. However, I'm unsure how I would go about registering her or what I even have to do. I have done Google searches but I know there are a lot of scams out there. Does anyone have a legit website or information about how I could go about doing this?

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: How do I register my cat as an ESA - July 17th 2017, 11:20 PM

Just out of curiosity, what are you hoping to gain by registering your cat as an ESA? From my understanding the main benefit is in terms of housing accommodations, and from what I know of your situation that's not really applicable here.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: How do I register my cat as an ESA - July 18th 2017, 12:30 AM

I think different places have different rules, but here as long as you have some sort of written paperwork from a doctor saying you need your cat as an ESA and show it to the appropriate people (landlord if you want housing, HR i think if you need your cat at work, etc.) then you should be fine. From what I know, you need official paperwork filed and have your cat with a vest if the cat's a support animal, like a medical one. I'm not too sure, look up your country's/state's laws to find out more.
Other than that, don't trust those sites that charge on google. I'm not sure what the process is exactly to get your cat certified but I know you have to have it trained if you want it to be a certified support animal. So I've heard.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: How do I register my cat as an ESA - July 18th 2017, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomachia. View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are you hoping to gain by registering your cat as an ESA? From my understanding the main benefit is in terms of housing accommodations, and from what I know of your situation that's not really applicable here.

Honestly, I want to register her as an ESA in case my housing situation changes and I have to consider renting an apartment that does not allow pets. I don't think that will happen but I want to have it all set up so that I don't have to stress about it in case something changes within my living situation. (i.e My dad does currently have some medical issues that he is working on trying to take care of but he is at risk for certain things). Essentially, I'd rather get it done now then have to worry about it if something happens and I am under extreme stress and also, potentially, unable to see a doctor because I don't have the same health insurance that I do now (I get my insurance through my dad).

EDIT: I am going to close this. I've been able to find the information out from talking to people who have ESA's and also from finding some forums that cater to people with service animals.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; July 19th 2017 at 08:07 PM.

Closed Thread