TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Outreach and Communications Officer

I can't get enough

It's all about cats! - August 24th 2019, 06:19 PM

Do you have a cat or cats? Would you like to have one as a pet?

Share your cat's photos with us or tell us some interesting stories about your cat.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: It's all about cats! - August 25th 2019, 09:12 AM

I have two cats, which I have a big connection with.

The first is a 19 year old male whose name is Kitty (we thought he was a female). He's a healthy and sweet cat who has slept a couple of times on my lap. He also looks brooding a lot of the time.

The second is Isabella, a three year old female whose got kittens again (fourth time) last month. I still remember how I met her like it's yesterday as a small her jumped up my back. She used to come to me for attention and love (still does but less nowadays). Both cats love to be cuddled and sometimes played around with and always return and chill around home.

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
screaming at the sky

TeenHelp Veteran

Pronouns: She/her

Re: It's all about cats! - August 25th 2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordioa18 View Post
I have two cats, which I have a big connection with.

The first is a 19 year old male whose name is Kitty (we thought he was a female). He's a healthy and sweet cat who has slept a couple of times on my lap. He also looks brooding a lot of the time.

The second is Isabella, a three year old female whose got kittens again (fourth time) last month. I still remember how I met her like it's yesterday as a small her jumped up my back. She used to come to me for attention and love (still does but less nowadays). Both cats love to be cuddled and sometimes played around with and always return and chill around home.
Have you had Kitty for all those 19 years? He sounds sweet. Someone dumped a cat by my house five years ago. We couldn't bring him inside because of our other cats, so he lives on our property. We thought he was a female, and named him, and then realized he wasn't a female.

He surprised me the other day because he was sitting on the roof of one of the cars and he walked down the windshield to greet me.

When I look into the eyes of an animal
I do not see an animal
I see a living being
I see a friend
I feel a soul.

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: It's all about cats! - August 25th 2019, 01:39 PM

I had three cats growing up, but they've long crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

If you follow me on my (online, not IRL) Instagram, it will be the second or third most recent (set) of pictures.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Wheek! Offline
Eat, sleep, repeat!

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Re: It's all about cats! - August 26th 2019, 12:27 AM

I don’t have a cat but want one. I get excited to see other people’s cats. They’re loving but also have more independence.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: It's all about cats! - August 26th 2019, 12:48 PM

Oh, goodness. We've had a few cats. This is going to be long.

Rosse PURRot - Named after Ross Perot, by my mother. I didn't know Rosse as she passed away when I was a baby, but my mom says that she literally hated everybody EXCEPT for her... especially me. My mom would be nursing me and she would sit there and glare daggers at me. Mom kept me away from her because she was kind of scared she might kill me out of jealousy. But Rosse was also fiercely protective of my mother... Once, a bat got into their house my mom had a friend over, and when the friend started screaming, Rosse jumped on her back, dug her claws in, and wouldn't let go. My mom said he back was completely shredded by the end of it. Rosse also had a favorite stuffed bear that she would carry around with her named "Boo-Boo Bear." When they moved, my mom thought they'd lost Boo-Boo Bear and Rosse was devastated... until they found him smooshed under one of the boxes! He had been flattened, but Rosse didn't care and resumed carrying him everywhere with her. My mom still has him in one of her drawers.

Teddy - A handsome gray kitty that passed away at the age of 19, when I was around four. He was a very sweet kitty who liked to try to steal our Munchkins from Dunkin' Donuts. He was also the subject of my first ever sentence... I threw a meatball off my highchair, which Teddy promptly began cleaning up. I smiled at my mother and proclaimed, "Teddy eat meatball!!" My mom says that Teddy never meowed... until the day Rosse died.

Crystal - We got her from a couple whose newborn turned out to be allergic to cats. She could be mean and temperamental (kind of like Rosse), but was beautiful - all white with one gold and one blue eye. She mellowed out in her old age and became the sweetest little kitty... Always wanted to sit on your lap and be pet. It was an interesting transformation!

Darcy - Named after Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. So our neighborhood has a problem with stray and feral cats for some reason... Having a random cat show up on our doorstep is not unusual. That's Darcy's story. He adopted us before we adopted him and would follow us around whenever we were outside. He loved us enough to leave us chipmunks all over our yard, and we knew that he'd been someone's cat before, not only because he was so friendly, but because he used the gravel under our swing set as a litter box. So we eventually took him in and kept him in our garage while we dewormed him... He was a Maine Coon, but his fur was so thin that you could see his skin through it. It all grew back, though, and he lived with us for many years. Darcy also LOVED Crystal and Mo Mo... The feeling was not mutual and Crystal typically did her best to avoid him. Mo Mo wasn't super into him, but was very tolerant and allowed Darcy to sit on top of him and groom him.

FUN FACT: Darcy accidentally pushed Mo Mo out of a window once. We've always had screens in our window, and back then we opened them from the bottom and the cats would sometimes lie in them. Had never been a problem whatsoever... until Darcy decided that he loved Mo Mo SO MUCH that he had to try to squeeze himself into the window WITH him... Needless to say, the screen popped out and so did Mo Mo. He ran and was missing for a few days, but did come back. I was so grateful. Needless to say, we don't open our windows from the bottom anymore.

Mo Mo - My precious baby. Our dearest, sweetest, gentlest, most tolerant cat. He was actually KIND. He would try his best not to step on you to get somewhere, and if he had to, he always looked at you to make sure he wasn't hurting you. We adopted him from a lesbian couple who took him and his brothers and sisters in off the street... His mom was feral. He was so scared of their dog, though, that he ripped a hole in their wall and climbed inside of it. When we got him, he hid under our couch until he gradually started getting used to us, and then he and I became inseparable. A cat as skittish as him should have been terrified of me and my autistic stimming, but he was not. He was my shadow. (And he was also a black cat, so I used to love pretending I was a witch growing up!) He slept with me, and I cried into his fur when I went through some traumatic things as a kid. He was there for me every step of the way. I remember I would come home to him and high school and think, "At least someone loves me." Hands down the most precious kitty I've ever had in my entire life - a part of me died with him. Never scratched or bit anyone on purpose in his entire life, and was willing to tolerate Darcy and his affections.

Finn - Our silly little silver Maine Coon. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but very cute. He's very noisy and has a very whiny meow. Teaches Abby his bad habits.

Abby - Our most recent addition! Like Darcy, she showed up in our neighborhood... with two kittens. She was a teenage mama! With the help of a local rescue group, we were able to catch her and get her two kittens adopted out, and then we ended up taking Miss Abby once they realized that she wasn't actually feral. Hands down the most adorable cat we've ever had - definitely all girl. She's super silly and likes to chase her tail. Sweet as can be. My nickname for her is "Squeak" because she doesn't really meow, only squeaks. Wants to be just like her big brother and learns all her bad habits from Finn.

For all those wondering, we currently have two cats (Finn and Abby) and have never had more than three at a time.

~Kylie

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: It's all about cats! - August 26th 2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynefin View Post

Have you had Kitty for all those 19 years?
Yep. I know the cat for most of my entire life.

Also, we had a third cat called Olivia (second Olivia, first Olivia was one of Isabella's first children and sadly got ran over by a neighbor) who we kicked out after 3-4 months as she urinates on beds (my parent's, the visitor's staying room and my bed twice) and although she acts nice towards humans, she's had fights with Isabella and even one with Kitty. She's now with another family, hopefully not terrorizing their beds

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: It's all about cats! - August 26th 2019, 07:10 PM

I've never had a cat but whenever my neighbours go on holiday, I get to feed their cat. They have a black and white cat, nicknamed Stinky. She's getting on now and is about 15 years old. She's blind in one eye when she got hit by a car a few years ago. A few years ago, she had kittens and my neighbours gave them away to family and friends but kept one. He was lovely but sadly died when he got hit by a car (the problem of living on a main road but having a field opposite that the cats loved to visit).

Anyway, over the years Stinky has brought me many 'gifts' including a mouse and a squirrel. I've known that cats are hunters but I've never expected to be the recipients of these gifts Since I get to feed her almost every year and have done for many years, I've realised she has grown quite attached to me. Anytime she sees me in the garden, she will follow me and sit next to me and brush up against my legs. I find it the sweetest thing and always give her some head scratches Of course, she could just associate me with food but I like to think we have a close bond

HelpLINK/Live Help Officer | Click here to volunteer

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I can't get enough

Name: Emmie

Re: It's all about cats! - August 26th 2019, 08:05 PM

When I was 4, my parents had a Siamese cat named Kara. My older sister and I both adopted a cat, he is a black cat and his name is Orion and I have a girl, she is orange and her name is Lily, they are both 4 years old. They play together all of the time.

•HelpLINK Moderator • Senior HelpLINK Mentor
• Forum Moderator •Article Writer
•Resource Editor •Newsletter• Community Mentor,
•Community ModeratorPM/VM
"Dance is your pulse,
your heartbeat, It’s the rhythm
of your life. It’s the expression
in time and movement,
in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Dusk. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: It's all about cats! - September 2nd 2019, 08:35 AM

When I lived in the UK, the neighbours cat used to always come over to our place and Mum used to feed her so we kind of 'adopted' her. She was a silver tabby.