TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Worried Sick - October 10th 2011, 01:19 AM

I'm not looking for advice, just some support until the morning.

Riley, my 4 year old female ferret got into the bath tub which is normal. When Jeff went to get her out, he saw there was a pool of red. We realized she had peed blood.

Then again, but less concentration so it was a bit lighter red. And again. And again.

Called the emergency vet and they said since she is alert and eating it doesn't sound like an emergency but to bring her to the clinic at 8am when they open.

So, we are supposed to keep an eye on her overnight until the morning when I take her to the vet...

Haven't been sleeping as is and now I won't be able to sleep well. I just hope she's okay overnight.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Worried Sick - October 10th 2011, 03:00 AM

Aw, Kelly. I hope she's okay. I'm sure things will work itself out. Keep calm until the morning when you can take her to the vet. Good luck. <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Re: Worried Sick - October 10th 2011, 11:23 AM

We've made it through the night. She is still alert. Vet opens soon. I would be leaving right now except I REALLY need to wake up before I drive o.o

I'm hoping she will be alright and it's a UTI they can shove antibiotics down her and that's it.

Thank you Britt

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Worried Sick - October 10th 2011, 02:47 PM

Praying! And hope the results are good! Keep me updated!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Re: Worried Sick - October 10th 2011, 03:39 PM

I hope everything is okay!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Re: Worried Sick - October 10th 2011, 05:07 PM

Well, that was....strange.

So the vet asked to keep her an hour so they could sedate her for Radiographs and a urinalysis (Riley bites). So they did 2 views of a radiograph looking for stones, as well as checked her urine. We went ahead and had them do a full blood work up too.

...Everything is fine.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad. But the vet had NO explanation. She said if Riley were male then it could be Adrenal causing the prostate to enlarge. But she's a female...so sheh as no explanation unless when Riley was fixed maybe an ovary or some other part was accidentally left. The vet said that the only thing that could explain is something totally wacky (like her urethra shriveling up for some crazy reason), or the above (spaying gone wrong).

She said to not worry and just keep an eye on her pees for awhile. If it happens again she gave me a syringe with a cap to suck it up in and take to the vet to analyze.

Her weight is perfect, no hair loss, gums are healthy pink, everything on bloodwork came back perfect, urine was clear, scans showed nothing at all.

So what the h*ll? Again, so grateful she's okay, but obviously something was wrong or she wouldn't have peed red! Vet visit made me worry more.

And yes, if you are on my FB then I just copied and pasted this xD

Closed Thread