TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
I've been here a while

My cat has been acting strange? - January 28th 2012, 05:23 AM

My cat is 10 months old and she is not fixed yet (don't know if this is relevent or not). Lately she has been meowing constantly but other than that she is normal and doesn't seem sick or anything. My boyfriend thinks maybe she is in heat or something and I am wondering if that could be it? Also can cats get a period and if so at what age does it usually start? It's not too late for us to get her fixed in a few months is it?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: My cat has been acting strange? - January 28th 2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggly View Post
My cat is 10 months old and she is not fixed yet (don't know if this is relevent or not). Lately she has been meowing constantly but other than that she is normal and doesn't seem sick or anything. My boyfriend thinks maybe she is in heat or something and I am wondering if that could be it? Also can cats get a period and if so at what age does it usually start? It's not too late for us to get her fixed in a few months is it?
It's very possible that your cat is meowing because she is in heat. And a few months may very well be "too late" because she could have already fallen pregnant by then. You should have your cat desexed as soon as possible. It is irresponsible to not do so, in the same way that it would be irresponsible if you didn't make sure your cat had her vaccinations on time. You should call your vet today and organise an appointment.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Re: My cat has been acting strange? - January 28th 2012, 06:50 AM

Lol She is probably in heat right now. Call your vet, and schedule an appointment to get her fixed... If you don't you will have to listen to that loud whining every few weeks.... unless your kitty gets knocked up.

My older cat is 5 years old, she is fixed... however she WILL cry out if more then one room in the house is dark and she has no idea where I am, or where my son is. She wont stop crying until I respond to her to let her know which room I'm in.

My younger cat is just a little over a year, she whines all the friggin time because we thought we had more time to get her fixed and she went in to her first heat very early. She even whines if you look at her. :| Kinda annoying at times lol

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My cat has been acting strange? - January 28th 2012, 06:28 PM

We are not trying to be irresponsible. The only reason we have not got her fixed yet is because we haven't been able to afford it yet and we haven't had her that long. She belonged to a friend of ours before. So it wasn't our fault she didn't get vaccinated on time. As for getting pregnant that will never happen because she is an indoor cat. Thank you for your reply's I was just a bit worried she may be sick or something but she seems fine so that's probably all it is. And she is very annoying so we will take her to get her fixed as soon as possible before I go insane lol.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Re: My cat has been acting strange? - January 28th 2012, 08:49 PM

My cat is the same way. She meows all. the. time. Very loudly and very annoyingly. Also, she will sit one spot and move her hind legs back and forth while she's meowing. She's an indoor cat, too..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: My cat has been acting strange? - January 29th 2012, 05:40 PM

She could be in heat, but some cats just meow a lot for no apparent reason. I am a HUGE supporter of getting animals fixed, so of course I think you should asap. But, that being said, I understand financial problems, and the situation you're in having just gotten her from a friend. The best advice I have for you at this point is to try and make sure you keep your cat inside if you're not already to reduce the risk of a pregnancy. I'm generally a supporter of keeping cats inside anyway, because I've seen too many on the side of the road (in a rather unflattering position might I add)

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Re: My cat has been acting strange? - January 29th 2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggly View Post
We are not trying to be irresponsible. The only reason we have not got her fixed yet is because we haven't been able to afford it yet and we haven't had her that long. She belonged to a friend of ours before. So it wasn't our fault she didn't get vaccinated on time. As for getting pregnant that will never happen because she is an indoor cat. Thank you for your reply's I was just a bit worried she may be sick or something but she seems fine so that's probably all it is. And she is very annoying so we will take her to get her fixed as soon as possible before I go insane lol.
Check with local shelters in your area... For the month of Feb in our area local shelters are offering coupons at discounted prices for spays/neuters of dogs and cats to be redeemed at certain Vet offices

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My cat has been acting strange? - January 30th 2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
She could be in heat, but some cats just meow a lot for no apparent reason
I know for sure now that she is in heat because I got more information on it and until a few days ago she never meowed like that. She is Definitely going to stay an indoor cat because I too have seen too many dead cats on roads . Anyways thanks everyone for your information and advice and just wanted to let everyone know that I have an appointment set for her now.

Closed Thread