TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Seriously considering starting... - April 25th 2012, 07:06 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Flashback to my choir trip last week.
I'm not going to go into details, but someone said something, and a friend basically acted like I wasn't there.
On the bus ride on the way there, all I could think about was cutting. And I seriously, SERIOUSLY considered trying cutting. And now I've made a promise to myself that the next time something happens that makes me want to cut, ill give into the urges and just cut. And now im waiting for that time to come.
Please help.
It doesn't help that I've always been curious as to whether or not cutting offered relief.
I don't know what's wrong with me.

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DanitheDino Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Re: Seriously considering starting... - April 25th 2012, 07:57 PM

The best thing to do is, if you haven't started, DON'T START. It is one of the hardest habits to break. I started five years ago and told myself it'd only be a one time thing and now I can barely go 12 hours with out doing it, I literally carry a blade with me everywhere I go. The scars are terrible and they make people look at you and treat you differently. I wish I had never started because it is one of my biggest regrets. Do something else, anything else that does not harm you. Find another way to cope that does not involve harming yourself in some way. Please.

Give me your heart and your hand and we can run!
We can run, we can run baby, run now.
  Send a message via Skype™ to DanitheDino 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Katherine96 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Katherine

Re: Seriously considering starting... - April 25th 2012, 08:10 PM

Seriously, despiite what you may feel cutting IS NOT THE ANSWER! Picking up the razor was the worst mistake I've ever made, I've only been cutting since November and I'm addicted, I can't stop. It isn't something you want to get into, it'll start to take over your life. Harming yourself is not the answer, and I wish I had had someone to say no to me, to stop me from doing it. It causes so many more problems for you in the future. Just please, don't! I'm always here for you if you want to talk about it, or anything <3 stay strong, you are so much better than self harm <3

"it's always okay in the end; if it's not okay then its not the end"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BreakingBecci Offline
Becci
Not a n00b

Name: Becci

Re: Seriously considering starting... - April 25th 2012, 10:14 PM

I agree with the two posters above. If you haven't started yet, don't do it. It may be hard, but it's possible to get by without it.
When you get the urge, please try one of our alternatives instead! I can't stress this enough. It becomes an addiction and hurts not only you, but everyone around you too.

Do not base your happiness off someone else.
you-go-dumbledork.tumblr.com
  Send a message via Skype™ to BreakingBecci 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Live Help Operator

I've been here a while

Name: Christina

Re: Seriously considering starting... - April 29th 2012, 08:34 PM

Hey Sarah,

Don't start cutting, you definitely do not want to do this to yourself.
Cutting is terrible and not something you should start. It can become very dangerous and once someone does it enough it can become addictive.
You really should check out the alternatives thread for some alternatives other than starting cutting to help distract you from these thoughts.
I know where cutting can lead to and I'm urging you not to do it because if I had the option of someone to tell me "Don't do this." way back before I made my first cut, I totally would have loved that.
Also, you end up causing yourself so much worry and problems that it is not worth it. You'd have to worry about people seeing your cuts (so choosing clothes to conseal them every morning), people asking you questions, your family finding out and being upset, the possibility you could kill yourself accidentally by going to far, the constant thoughts of it in your mind that will not go away untill you give in and other things.
Please do not do this!
If you ever need someone to vent to, I am here and more than willing to listen and give you support.
You do not have to go through things alone. You can send me a PM or VM any time and hotlines are very useful too.
I really hope this helps.
All of TH is here for you.
Take care.

Closed Thread