TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

View Poll Results: what should i do?
run away alone 0 0%
kill myself 0 0%
run away with a friend 3 18.75%
stay with my shitty life 3 18.75%
Make the best out of a bad situation. (BlaineG.) 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hsp12422 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i just dont wanna do it anymore - July 5th 2012, 11:26 PM

i cant do it anymore. i wanna end my life so badly, but people tell me that i will go to hell i wanna go to heaven. so i think im gonna hire someone to kill me. i just go through so much pain. people hate me for no reason i dont know if im too young for them or something but they dont even give me a chance. my best friend cant help me with anything. i cut, i cut deep. but no one cares. i wanna kill myself. but since i would go to hell. i think im gonna try and run away ive got it all planned out im gonna jump on a cargo train and go whereever it takes me with a bag of what i need, i just think of what it iwill be like starting a new life. itd be pretty fun living somewhere else maybe get a job find new friends. and where would i live? i would find places to sleep go to a mall and wash my hair there. i would be living the life. id bring tons of money tons of food and water. i mean whats wrong with that? nothing it sounds much better than my life. i think im gonna do it when i can. i cant wait.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elizabeth

Re: i just dont wanna do it anymore - July 6th 2012, 03:35 AM

Hello sweetheart. I think you should stay. I don't think you should run away, but if it keeps you from killing yourself then by all means do it. Listen, I spent the past 6 years of my life in the exact same mindset. I wanted to die so badly, and I have more cutting scars than I could possibly count. I went through hell, but I stayed. I fought. And now I'll be out of my house and 2 hours away in college in a little over a month. Doesn't that sound wonderful? You can have that too! Just stay and KEEP FIGHTING. I promise you, it's worth it. And there are people everywhere who care and are willing to stay up until 4 in the morning talking if it helps you to feel better, myself included. So please stay.

"An eye for an eye leaves the world blind."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

Re: i just dont wanna do it anymore - July 8th 2012, 06:59 PM

Don't kill yourself or have someone kill yourself. Nobody's going to do it, not even the mob if you give them a good reason to off you. You have something to live for. You may not see it now, but you have to give it time. Good things will come to those that wait. It may be just days from now or a decade from now, but either way it's going to happen. You just need to stay strong and keep holding on. Think of the people telling you to not kill yourself, they will be devistated and angry.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: i just dont wanna do it anymore - July 8th 2012, 11:08 PM

Hey there,

First I am so sorry to hear that you're struggling, and things might be tough right now but they will eventually get better. I know I say this a lot and you've probably heard it a lot too, but only because it's true. You will get through this, you just have to keep picking yourself up and try again.

Suicide is never the answer, there are so many other alternatives that we can do instead of that. You can talk to someone about these feelings you've been having like a friend, family member, teacher, counselor or you could call a hotline. If you're nervous or scared you could also write one of them a letter and then give it to them, this makes it a lot easier for you and less nerve racking.

Self harm isn't a great way to deal with our emotions and bad things going on, it just makes us feel worse. It's not healthy at all, and it's hard to recover from, but it's possible. You just have to try. Here's a list of alternatives that you could use: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ Now not all of them work for everyone, so if you try a few and they don't work, don't get discouraged, just keep trying to find a few that do work for you.

Running away wouldn't solve much either, just wait it out until things get better, talk to someone about what's going on, ask for help. There's nothing wrong with that. I hope this helped even a little bit, if you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me! Good luck and take care!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
KimmyKitty Offline
Queen Kitty Bae
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimberly

Re: i just dont wanna do it anymore - July 9th 2012, 06:32 AM

i think you should stay. im sure someone cares about you. people do care about you. i care
  Send a message via Skype™ to KimmyKitty 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: i just dont wanna do it anymore - July 9th 2012, 06:52 AM

Hey there,
First off I'm glad your reaching out for help and want our opinions.

I think you should stay and make the best out of your life. At times you want to give up and just give in, but you can't. You have to keep fighting. Theres people right here that care about you, I'm one of those people. I would recommend to try and see professional help and tell people exactly how you feel so they can do there best to help. Suicide isnt a way out of things, its a permanent solution to a temporarily problem. Self-Harm isn't a good outlet either, try to find a safe, healthy alternative. If you need anything feel free to VM or PM me anytime. Stay strong and keep fighting, if not for yourself then for us and those who care for you.

When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013

Closed Thread