TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RedRoseAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Monica

Help Please :'( - July 6th 2012, 04:23 AM

Hello my nme is monica. I used to self harm alot. I haven't done it in about three months but I want to do it so bad right now. Mostly because I'm hurt My boyfriend just broke up with me and I feel like I've lost everything. I just dont know what to do. I've come so close to self harming again.

♥~ Hold On, Stay Stong, This Won't Last For Long~♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Help Please :'( - July 6th 2012, 04:53 AM

Hey there Monica, I know ti can be hard to fight these urges sometimes. And congratulations, 3 months is really great! I suggest you look at our alternatives thread (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/), and what I recommend is trying absolutely every single one that you can, whether you think it'll work or not. The reason is because, one of three things will usually happen.
1. You find one that works for you and you can continue to go to that when you feel the urge.
2. You get through the list and none of them worked for you, but the time it took to do them all (it'll take a couple hours anyway) will have made the urge lessen or go away.
3. You get through the list and none of them worked for you, and you still feel the urge strongly, in which case you google "alternatives to self harm" and repeat, go through everything it lists just like with the one on TH.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Help Please :'( - July 6th 2012, 06:36 AM

Hey there,

First of all, three months self harm free is certainly an accomplishment that you should be proud of, so congratulations on that!

I would highly recommend that you use that alternatives to self harm thread that Cheye linked you to or even use Google to discover ones that may not be even listed there. While not every alternative to self harm works for everyone, there is bound to be one there for you. For instance, I find it helpful if I go talk to someone. Depending on who it is, I may be able to vent to them, but even if I don't talk about the problem with them it's harder to self harm when you are with someone else. Something else that may help you is to write. Just write whatever comes to mind, whether it is a poem, story, or just a random journal entry. It doesn't even have to make sense but it can get emotions out. Or you can even exercise to get rid of some pent up emotions.

I would recommend that you talk to someone about the breakup. This is because it might help you get some things off of your chest, and together the two of you may be able to think of reasons to cope that you would never have thought of before. Remember that you are not alone and there are people looking out for you, on and off TH.

Give yourself time to move on. You definitely don't have to jump into a relationship right away but remember that you are still young and have time to find the right one for you. It may be hard for a little while, but you can get through this! Stay strong.

-Dez

(#4 (permalink)) Old
RedRoseAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Monica

Re: Help Please :'( - July 7th 2012, 01:04 AM

Thanks to the both of you I will look through the lists and try to find something tht works. As for telling someone. I really dont have anyone to tell. But thanks for tha advice

♥~ Hold On, Stay Stong, This Won't Last For Long~♥

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BloodRedRose Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Kaycee

Re: Help Please :'( - July 7th 2012, 02:21 AM

I used to SH and the things that got me through it all were 1 talking to someone (feel free to pm me) 2 Yoga and 3 Meditation. We are here to support you if there's anything I can do just let me know

(#6 (permalink)) Old
HaiJujuFish Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help Please :'( - July 7th 2012, 03:12 AM

Hey Monica my name is Julianne. I am going through the same thing as you. My boyfriend of six months left me I am severely depressed.. Can't feel any emotions and I am in your situation. I do inflict pain on myself by cutting. I am 12 and my boyfriend who I loved very much broke my heart into a billion peices.. I hurt horribly as well. I wish I could stop for three months!! That's awesome I'm so proud of you Monica and you should be too! and I can't say anything about your future because I don't even know mine. You seem like a very sweet girl and you don't deserve this and neither do I. Please don't harm yourself. I do and I wish I could stop but I cant. YOU'RE STRONGER THAN ME!! Keep getting stronger Monica and feel free to PM me anytime and I'll be happy to help you from experience! <3
Love,
Julianne

Closed Thread