TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lelo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Marie

Question Leaving the blades behind? - July 17th 2012, 06:02 AM

I am so excited to go to camp next week (ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS), but I am going to be away for ten days which is the longest I have been away from home as well as the longest I've gone with out SHing. I am really worried I'll get homesick and have a panic attack an be without my blades to soothe me, but I also think it would be really nice to go the whole entire time SH free. I don't want to not be able to control myself (the result of me not having the blades). So honestly should I bring them as a just incase or what?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Leaving the blades behind? - July 17th 2012, 10:27 AM

No, leave them behind and take a vacation from self harm. Honestly, I think you'll be busy and having so much fun that you won't feel the need to cut.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: Leaving the blades behind? - July 17th 2012, 10:47 AM

Leave them behind! Planning on hurting yourself is not the way to go about it. Trust me I know. When I was quitting I thought the same thing, why don't I keep them just in case? What if I have a melt down? but that's like planning on failing. And that's something that you want to have to deal with while you are away from home. What if someone sees them? What if someone catches you? Personally that would be one of my biggest fears while I was away at camp. Don't worry about having a panic attack either, the more you worry about it the more likely that it will happen, and if that does it's ok. Have a plan, and stick to that. I'm sure you could find someone at camp that you could talk to if the need arises actually I'm very sure of it. The best thing to do at this point is to not worry, just think about all the fun you are going to have and if you don't mind me asking what kind of camp is this?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
EmNZ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Em

Re: Leaving the blades behind? - July 17th 2012, 11:05 AM

Hey Marie (=
I vote leave them behind - imagine how proud youíll be of yourself once youíve managed it!
You seem so strong thinking of doing this, I believe you can do it (= .
And once youíve managed it, itíll be something you can remind yourself of once you come back home. That you donít need this perhaps as much as you think you did?
Good luck, x

You can usually find me on my tumblr, Iím here for you (=

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Leaving the blades behind? - July 17th 2012, 06:53 PM

Hey there!

Like everyone has said, you should leave them behind. I hope you have a lot of fun on your trip, and just try to keep yourself occupied and distracted while you're gone. Have fun. Don't think about the bad stuff.

If you get home sick it might be a good idea to bring something from home like a picture or an old stuffed animal. Personally...I have this blanket that i've had since I was born and I take it on trips with me. Yeah I'm a freak. ANYWAY! enough about me >.> if you have a cell phone and get home sick, call your parents or your friends too!

Also try the alternatives thread. And try those while your away if you're feeling down. I hope this helped a bit! If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me. HAVE FUN!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

Closed Thread