TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bubblegirl56 Offline
Here to help!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: DaynaRhian

Self Harm - Moving Forward - July 26th 2012, 04:52 AM

Hey, do you self harm? I used to. Sooo bad. But eventually, I tried to stop. It became addicting, I was addicted to how it felt. I was addicted to how it made me feel. Like I could just scream and let it all out! An immediate release, you know? That feeling, no words describe how good it feels! But, I really wish that I could have stopped before I got to that point. That meant it was super hard for me to stop. Everytime I got upset I would head for my bedroom to get my glass shards and cut into my wrists and arms. But after some really hard work with my counsellor and some other reaosns I forced myself to find other ways of releasing it. I'll be honest; it was hard, hardest thing I've ever done, and though some things did help a little, NOTHING ever gave me the same feeling as when I would cut into my skin and slice it with the glass. But after a while I stopped, I began the healing process. The scabs peeled away, the skin healed and left scars, and I started to buy special oils to put on my scars to help to fade them out and some of it worked. Some of my scars now can't be seen but there are still quite a few that can so I am going to be getting tattoos over them.

Any special messgaes or symbols I should have tattooed over my scars? Help me choose! Thanks guys, remember, stay strong and keep your chin up!

~Much Love,
Ellie. X

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Reign. Offline
Just Hold On We're Going Home~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kay

Re: Self Harm - Moving Forward - July 26th 2012, 03:19 PM

First of all, I am very proud of you! I know how hard it is to stop, I am recently trying to recover. I'm getting there! You should know that you are such an inspiration to those who are recovered or are trying to.

And as for the tattoos thing, maybe a butterfly? Kinda as a symbol of your recovery. (You know, The Butterfly Project.)

Stay strong!

So dance if it moves you,
and jump in the fire, if it burns you.
I'll throw my arms around you darlin',
and we'll turn to ashes.

Kinda like the way you tell me,
"Baby, please come home. I need you here right now.
I'm crying underwater so you don't hear the sound."

What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.
What's so good about picking up the pieces?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Self Harm - Moving Forward - July 27th 2012, 10:22 AM

Hey there,

I actually plan on getting a tattoo one day in the far away future and incorporating my battle with self harm as well. I did some research and found that an orange ribbon is the symbol for self harm recovery (or the color orange). Also, you could definitely incorporate a butterfly in there in numerous ways. You can do a simple search on 'Self Injury Recovery Symbol' and you will get some ideas. Although, if you choose to do that please be careful because there might be some triggering pictures as well.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread