TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lelo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Marie

help, no good title, just help - August 3rd 2012, 05:05 AM

The last 3-3.5 years have been excruatingly painful. I have had to deal with a lot of obsitcals and emotional pain and I belive it has finally taken it's toal. I have always known that as I got older I was losing more and more of myself to self-harm, but I can honestly say I never, never thought I would lose myself this much. These past six months I have plumeted so much it's painful. But this month (while my personality hasn't changed) I am crumbleing. I was never one to cry when something emotionaly was bothering me, for the longest time any time I thought I might cry I would cut myself to make sure my body understood crying was unacceptable behavior. And this past month I have not been able to keep it in. I have been crying uncontrolable sobs for nights in a row now and I am just so emotionaly drained I just can't do it any more. I have been suicidal before, a large portion of my life I haven't spent suicidal but never before have I understood when I've reached the end. Before I could fake it and fight through but now, now I can barley get out of the bed in the morning. I am done fighting, and done feeling so worthless.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: help, no good title, just help - August 4th 2012, 04:44 AM

I know what you're feeling. Growing up in this world is one of, if not the hardest thing a person can go through. It's emotionally exhausting. It takes a toll on you every day and I understand that. But you can't give up, you can't quit fighting. Because the second you give up, is the second you make it worse. You must keep fighting. You mustn't give up. You can get through this, I promise you that you can. And when you do, it's going to be one of the best feelings in the world. You can conquer this.

Crying is a natural human behavior. We all do it, whether it's tears of joy or sadness. It actually calms your body down if you can let it out. Keeping it inside of you only builds up the pain. When you feel like crying, do so. Go to some private place and just let it out. You can't tell yourself it's a bad thing because it's not. And eat a banana, it'll make you feel better, just trust me.

I noticed that you were 13. You have your whole life ahead of you! Think of all the people you'll meet, and all the decisions you'll make. You have a destiny in life and I know you can make it there. You have the ability to change the world and I promise you that you can. Just never give up. Keep fighting.

It is important that you tell somebody how you are feeling. Just having somebody else there to listen will help tremendously, and I know this because it's how I overcame my depression. First I would say your parents, but I know we don't always have the best relationship with them, and they can even be the problem sometimes. Next I would say talk to the guidance counselor at your school, they are always open to talk. If you don't want to do that, tell a friend how you feel. The best way I've learned to overcome my sadness and hardships is to surround myself with the people who care about me, and trust me, there are a ton out there who care about you too.

Promise me you won't stop fighting, alright?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Re: help, no good title, just help - August 4th 2012, 06:16 PM

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that your having such a rough time, I understand that things in this life can cause us to be emotinally drained, and we don't why. The most important thing is that you keep on fighting, and never give up, because somebody does care about you, no matter if you see it or not, there's somebody that does, I know. We never know why we struggle, but in the end we are stronger, and a better person. Keep on fighting, Don't give up, because if you give up you don't know what the reason was for your struggling. You must fight through the pain, Find a friend, or someone to help you, someone that is there for you no matter how low you may feel, that really helps. I've struggled alot in my 18 years of life, but when I thought I wanted to give up, somebody reminded me that someone cared. I'm very glad that you came to teenhelp seeking help, and I hope this helped. You can message me anytime if you need to talk somebody.

Closed Thread