TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
love&suicide Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Alone Again. - August 3rd 2012, 10:41 PM

The one person who gave me strength not to cut, is going away, it's only fo a week and Its already been a few hours, but I already feel small, and am already thinking about the blades I have that are screaming at me to cut. I don't know what to do, and on my own I feel so weak.. I feel so alone... I want to cut so bad...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: Alone Again. - August 3rd 2012, 11:31 PM

Hey there!

Welcome to TeenHelp! I'm sorry your support system is going away for a week, but I'm so glad you contacted us here at TeenHelp! We can be here to support you for as long as you need. You can do this. Try not to think about the blades and if you can, try to keep yourself busy doing other things. Have you gotten a chance to check out the thread on SH alternatives? That thread is so helpful because it lists many different things you can try instead of SH. You can find that thread here. http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

This thread here has many different things you can try. Remember that we're here for you if you need support or someone to talk to while your friend is gone for a week. You don't have to go through this alone and we're right here with you. The best of luck,

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Alone Again. - August 4th 2012, 03:48 PM

Hi there.

Firstly, well done for coming to us here at Teenhelp and asking for help. I know doing so can be really hard and I think you've been incredibly brace to talk to us. I hope we manage to help you in some way.

I can understand its hard now you friend has gone away. How about you sit down and make a list of reasons not to self harm. I know it might sound like it won't help and that you feel you don't have any reasons not to, but if you think hard you'll come up with some. Here a few ideas.

Reasons not to self harm:
  • The scaring self harm can leave
  • It doesn't help in the long run
  • Serious damage can be caused
  • You're worth more than the pain you inflict upon yourself
  • There are other healthy ways you can use to cope with your emotions and thoughts
  • You won't have any worries about what other people think of you
  • You can show your skin (wear short sleeves etc
  • It hurts you and you do NOT deserve the pain
  • So I can inspire other people around me to enter recovery

Now, they're just a few ideas. You can use them if you want but you can also come up with your own idea's. Think really hard about it. And once you've done the list. You can try and make a poster of them all so you can stick it up somewhere in your room and when you feel the urge to hurt yourself, you can go and look at it and remind yourself that there are a lot more reasons not to self harm than there is to self harm.

On a previous reply a user has sent you the link to our list of alternatives to self harm. I want to encourage you to take a look at that list and try things on there. Not everything is going to work for you so it is all about trial and error and not giving up on everything, when something doesn't work. Keep on trying things. Again, you could keep a list of all the things that do help you so when you start to feel urges to hurt yourself, you can start trying the alternatives.

I know beating this is hard but you CAN do it. If you want to talk to us about what's going on for you and if there is anything triggering you to want to hurt yourself, know that you are more than welcome to do so. You're definitely not alone in this and we're always here to try our best to support you through this.

Keep on smiling and keep your chin up,
Jessie :-)

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Samwise Offline
~Keep Smiling~
Not a n00b

Name: Samantha

Re: Alone Again. - August 4th 2012, 04:19 PM

Hi,
I'm happy you came here asking for help. I know it may be difficult to not cut but please try not to sweetie.
For alternatives to cutting here'a a thread, http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

Every time you get an urge, think of all the happy times you and your friend had together and that they will be back really soon.

Remember there are many people here willing to listen and support you through this.

Stay strong
-Sam

Some Riot - Elbow

A friend of mine grows his very own brambles
They twist all around him 'til he can't move
Beautiful, quivering, chivalrous shambles
What is my friend trying to prove?

...I think when he's drinking he's drowning some riot
What is my friend trying to hide?

...And it's breaking my heart to pour like the rain
Brother of mine, don't run with those fuckers
When will my friend start singing again?
When will my friend start singing again?

Closed Thread