TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thelonely Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: lahra.

HELP. - August 9th 2012, 07:03 AM

i've been harming for almost a year.

my parents don't know and i don't know how to tell them.

i think about suicide all the time.

sometimes i wonder of it's worth the trouble.

lately i 've been feeling like i'm not worth anything.

i cry all the time.

i feel like and idiot posting this.

i just need help.

please.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
she dreams of love.
Outside, huh?

Name: Jessie

Re: HELP. - August 9th 2012, 05:10 PM

Hi there.

Firstly, well done for coming to us here at Teenhelp. I know that reaching out to people and letting them know what's going on can be really hard and I think it's really brave that you have been able to come to us and let us in. I Really hope that we are able to help you in some way.

Can I ask why you self harm? Has something happened to make you feel so low that you inflict physical pain upon yourself? If there is anything that has happened or that is going on for you and you'd like to talk to us about it then I want you to know that we're always here for you. We won't force you into talking to us but we're here for you if you want too. We'll always try our best to help.

I am assuming you want your parents to know what is going on for you? Maybe you could tell them both you need to talk to them and sit down with them and explain how you have been feeling and what's going on. Do you think you could do that? I know it can be hard to physically say it so it might be a good idea to think about writing them a letter instead if you would prefer that. I know I do this a lot and it always tends to help me. What do you think?

Coping with suicidal thoughts can be really hard and I can understand that but you need to know that you still have so much more to life for and so much more to experience. No, it's not going to be easy - It is going to be hard and at times you're going to feel like you want nothing more than to give up but if you keep focused and work hard you can beat this and get through to the other side. This is not the end of your story.

You're not an idiot for posting in here. In fact I think you're a very brave person to do so. It takes strength and courage to reach out but you've taken the first step and I think thats amazing.

You CAN do this.
Jessie

Selfharmforummod; MentalHealthforummod;HelpLinkmentor;Blogmod;LiveHelpoperator;Depressionandsuicideforummod; Articles Team; Talent Committee

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Reign. Offline
Just Hold On We're Going Home~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kay

Re: HELP. - August 9th 2012, 11:32 PM

You are not an idiot for posting. That's what we're all here for! I am very proud of you for posting.

Now as for the situation with your parents, just sit them down calmly and quietly and try to talk it out with them. I know it's hard, but you do need some help.I

I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time right now, but we're all here to help. And suicide is NOT worth it. Suicide is not the answer. Life can be a beautiful thing. And believe me, things will get better as long as you work on it and really feel it in your heart to stop. I believe in you, and I know you can do it! Stay strong and keep your chin up darling. If you need me, I'm here. Do not be afraid to PM me. I wish you the best and I hope everything goes well for you. ~Kayla.

So dance if it moves you,
and jump in the fire, if it burns you.
I'll throw my arms around you darlin',
and we'll turn to ashes.

Kinda like the way you tell me,
"Baby, please come home. I need you here right now.
I'm crying underwater so you don't hear the sound."

What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.
What's so good about picking up the pieces?

Closed Thread