TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LuxLisbon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katie

Exclamation Meltdown at school - August 18th 2012, 02:47 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, just a little information: I've been self harming for about 6 years and it's something that I normally do a few times a day. Up until yesterday I had gone for 8 days without cutting, which is the longest I've ever gone. I've recently started seeing a physiologist (I've seen her about 4 times) and I've been referred to see a Psychiatrist and stay in a children's hospital.

Even though self harm is something I struggle with everyday there are times where I can stop myself. There also times where I go into sort of fits for no real reason where I need to hurt myself and these have even resulted in me trying to kill myself.

So, yesterday at school I went to my class with my 2 assignments that were due that day and we also had an exam, I was sort of worried because it was my least favourite class but I mean I never enjoy going there. The exams were performances so each person would go into the room for their exam whilst everyone else waiting in the hallway. I was just sitting there when I snapped, I grabbed my bag and just walked out and went straight to the bathroom and self harmed. After about 20 minutes in the bathroom I panicked and realized I had to go back. My self harm is something I cover up normally but at the time I really didn't care ,the cuts had bled through onto my uniform, I mean I had already left the exam and walking around the school screaming and looking crazy.

I got back to the hall and got a weird look from one of the girls in my class. I looked at myself and realized I was a mess and asked "Do you think the teacher will let me go to sickbay"? and she replied with "No. No one cares if you've been cutting yourself". This upset me even more so I returned back to the bathroom to cut before then frantically walking around the school, banging on the school counselors office (no one was there) and then going to the library for the rest of the period and crying.

Sorry that this was long but I wanted to get this out of my system and also ask: What should I do?
Should I try and explain to the teacher? (I normally can't talk about my self harm) Or should I get my mum to call in or something? (She knows about my self harm and little bit of the story)

thanks in advance for your advice.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Re: Meltdown at school - August 18th 2012, 02:57 AM

me personaly, i used to self hard. and im close with my mum, so id get my mum to call the teacher and explain. good luck i hope your teacher understand.

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Meltdown at school - August 18th 2012, 04:10 AM

I would say talk to your mother and let her know the entire story. It is important for her to know that at times you feel like you don't have control of yourself, you should also talk to your psychologist about this as well. I am not sure what your teachers rules are on make up exams, hopefully they are pretty lenient. I hope you can use this incident as a good motivator to help in your self harm recovery. It is instances like this one, where your life is directly effected, that help us to make ourself better people. You are strong enough to over come this and with the help of your mom and psychologist I know you can!

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

Closed Thread