TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Desiderio Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bethany

Exclamation Getting out of control... - August 25th 2012, 03:23 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My girlfriend and I have had it rough for the past 6 weeks (she lives in USA, I'm in Australia), and I've been struggling to get through the whole ordeal. Despite a promise I made to her a year ago, I started cutting (a razor blade on both my upper arms). I stopped that for a few days when I realised that they were visible when I wore the costume for a show I'm going to be in next week, but as our situation got worse, I continued cutting (on my stomach). In the last week, it's been getting more and more tense, and I've been cutting multiple times a day..
Today, she broke up with me, and now I've completely lost it. I started using a knife on my wrist, cutting more profusely on my stomach, and I've had suicidal thoughts (I promised her I wouldn't kill myself, and I don't want to- but she knows I've given up, and I want to hospitalise myself or something of the sort)..
I'm forcing myself not to do anything major until my show is over, but I'm scared and this cutting is just getting out of control. She freaked out when she found out I'd given up, and I've never seen her act this way before. I'm crying, and hurting worse than I ever have before...

I know I'll probably be told alternatives to SHing, but it's just really, really hard right now...

Help?...

((If anyone wants a picture, I have one.. I don't know why you'd want to see it though.))

(#2 (permalink)) Old
thelonely Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: lahra.

Re: Getting out of control... - August 26th 2012, 11:33 AM

could you try and talk to a counseller or something? even an email counseller or something. im sorry, im really bad at giving advice. you can message me if you want. im always here to talk. even if you wanna talk about sandwiches. im cool with that.

Without you there is no me.

RIP Ammie, Nan, Uncle Trev.

Lucas my little sprout <3

Closed Thread