TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HayleeBoo Offline
you're beautiful :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haylee-Tekla

Unhappy I wanna start again... - August 26th 2012, 05:55 AM

I've been sh free for 6 months now, I'm proud of my accomplishment, I really am, but lately everything has been going wrong. My relationship has spiraled down hill with not only my boyfriend and friends, but my family too. It just feels like I can't do anything right, make anyone happy, or even make myself happy. I honestly don't remember the last time I was really happy, or even just a bit. I feel fat, like... I tried on probably everything in a store I went to today to get clothes for back to school, and everytime I looked in the mirror I just saw fat. My stomache, legs, arms, just nothing looked attractive anymore. I used to have a really high self confidence... but now its just dropped. I'm bullied by everyone I know, which is probably the main reason. I want to cut again. I want to feel something again. I dont want to commit suicide or anything, tbh I'm quite afraid of dieing, but with cutting you have that chance to live or die. In my eyes everytime I had cut it was as if I was waiting to see if it was my time to leave yet. I really don't know what to do or how to get over the want to cut again.

- haylee-tekla

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: I wanna start again... - August 26th 2012, 08:14 PM

Hey there,

In life we all experience ups and downs, it sucks, but it happens. 6 months is an amazing accomplishment, and it's normal to want to give up, I know I feel like that quite a lot, but you have to try your best not too. Talk to someone about it, like a friend, teacher, counselor or a family member that you trust. You can get through this, you just have to stay strong and keep going.

I know what it's like to want to please everyone, but that isn't making you happy, and you can't make everyone happy. You have to take care of yourself. Trying to make everyone happy will just make things miserable, and not help. You said that you're going through some tough times with your friends and family members, maybe you should try to talk to them about it, I don't know exactly what happened, but if there's a way to get through it, you should try. We all get into disagreements or don't get along and sometimes things spiral out of control.

Have you tried to talk to anyone about the feelings you've been having? Sometimes talking about it and having people there to support you can really help, and it really does make it easier. I also know what it's like to be bullied or made fun of, it's not a great feeling, but you can't let them get to you. I know it's easier said than done, but do your best to ignore them and find friends who will stick up for you. Bullies just try to get a rise out of people, show them that they can't win and they'll hopefully stop. You can also tell a teacher, I know it's kind of scary, but do it without the bullies knowing and it might help a bit, they can keep an eye on the other students that are causing problems and hopefully catch them in act.

Self harm is hard to get through, but you can beat it. You just have to put in the effort to do so. When you feel like self harming, or getting an urge, try to do some alternatives other than self harm. You can run, do something you're passionate about it, talk to a friend, or watch a funny movie! Here's a list of alternatives you can look at that might help: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ Just go through the list and try out a few, but don't get discouraged if some of them don't help, just keep trying until you do find a few that work!

I also recommend talking to someone you trust, it's scary at first, but it does help so much. You might also think about seeing a therapist so you can get some of your feelings out. Finally, try keeping a journal, when you're feeling bad you can write about what happened and figure out why you got triggered and see what you can do to not be triggered about the situation next time it arises.

I really hope that I helped a bit, feel free to send me a message if you need someone to talk to, or a friend as well! Good luck and take care, you can do this.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread