TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

I cant do this... - August 27th 2012, 05:15 AM

I want to hurt myself again and i dont know what will stop me. I just want to destroy me... heck i want to die. And this is messed up... i just... everythings going so great... so this is SO messed up.

i think im bipolar. but i just cant handle this...........

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I cant do this... - September 6th 2012, 04:41 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry that it has taken so long for you to receive a response. I hope that you are okay.

Self harm is such a tricky thing to overcome because even when things are not going terribly bad in life we can still have urges to harm ourselves. In essence it becomes an addiction. You can overcome it, yes, it will be a lot of work but it will be worth it in the end because you will gain back control of your life.

Do you journal? If not I think that is a great thing to pick up when trying to overcome self harm because it can help you to identify triggers. Everyday triggers are important things to figure out because it is everyday triggers that can build up and lead to us wanting to self harm; however if a person can identify the trigger they can work on figuring out ways to cope with those triggers in a healthy way.

I would also suggest that you look into getting into counseling to help you work on the sadness you are feeling and work on finding some healthy coping skills. I know counseling might not be something you have ever considered before but it has been beneficial to me and I recommend it to most people.

Lastly,I am going to give you a list of alternatives to self harm and I hope you will look over them and whenever you have an urge try using some of the things suggested on the list. Here is the link: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

I hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I cant do this... - September 16th 2012, 09:32 AM

Hey there gorgeous,

I'm sorry, I was going to reply and I had a message typed but then my internet crashed and I forgot to go back in to talk to you.
I hope you are okay, and just remember to stay strong

There are so many on here who love you so don't give up,
if you EVER want to talk, I am always here!
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread