TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Exclamation HELP! - September 9th 2012, 05:45 AM

My best friend is coming over tonight. She has been self harming for a while, getting to the point where she just wants to die so she cuts deeper and deeper. I'm in the same boat really, but not knife, I'd take pills coz I'm such a pussy. Anyway, she's been my bestfriend since the innocent years (not so innocent for me but you understand). She was, IS the cutest girl I've ever, ever met! And I hate that she's hurting now. I'm going to suggest for her to get on to this site, because she feels like nobody cares. I really want to help her, I really do. I've ignored my own pain and tried to help her through everything. I"ve always been with her, sisters till the end, kind of thing. But, now I'm afraid that I may lose her. I'm not going to tell her everything of mine because I know she's having a LOT of trouble to. What else can I do other than suggest to get on here, that I love her, that I am always there for her and that she can say over at mine whenever she needs to. She seriously is amazing, looks beautiful, inside a gorgeous girl but life has just smashed her in the forehead, sending her staggering. I don't want to lose her. I'd do everything for her, even take her pain and add it to mine. I love her, and always will, right to the end.

I need help for her. Please, if I lose her I'll follow closely behind!!
Thanks for reading if you don't post, I just don't know what to do. not for her, not for me.

Ugh, I'm going to go burn.

Over and out. Sorry for it being so long.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: HELP! - September 9th 2012, 04:23 PM

Hi there.

Firstly I want to say what a lucky girl your friend is to have you supporting her. I'm glad you're being there for you. I also want to say that it's good you're thinking about telling her this site and if you do so, I hope she comes on here and finds it helpful and useful to her. Its also great you're offering your support to your friend.

Have you thought about talking to her about reaching out to a trusted adult? Maybe this way, if she feels she needs it, she can get more support and help. She could always talk to a teacher, school nurse/counsellor or a doctor and admittedly this might be scary for her but try and support her through it and even offer to go with her to talk to someone if she would like you to.

Do remember that you can only so much. You're being there for her yourself, you're going to tell her about this site and I've made the idea of supporting her to talk to someone else about this and now ultimately, she has to do something her self to help herself.

And its important you look after yourself as well.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
milannn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Milan

Re: HELP! - September 9th 2012, 10:50 PM

If you're afraid for your friend's safety, I think you should tell her how you feel. It's obvious that you love her dearly and only want the best for her, I think you need to express your concern to her. I think you should tell her parents if you think she is going to harm herself, and go too far. She might be a bit angered, but it's better to be safe and tell her parents than allow her to do something she'll regret. I know both of you guys can get through this and it's good that you have each other to go to. I think you should try talking to someone older that you can trust to get help. No one said you guys have to go though all of this alone. I can relate to how you feel because my best friend used to cut too, and it really scared me. However, I finally gained the courage to have a good talk with her about my concerns and she sought help, and now she's on the path to recovery. I know cutting isn't something you can get over in one day and there are setbacks, but I also know that it is something you can work towards to overcome. You guys can get over this. If you ever want to talk more about anything feel free to message me <3

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: HELP! - September 10th 2012, 12:10 AM

Hey guys, well, she told me this great news last night she's moving to my school, having a new start she's going to try and I'll be there for her through the whole thing, every single day as well It's a new page. It proves something: prayer works.

Thanks guys,
lots of love to you both,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread