TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't know if i want help i just know i want someone who understands - September 11th 2012, 05:31 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So a month ago i cut for the first time. I don't really know why i did but i took the razor out of my razor and started cutting the side of my hand. like everywhere but not very deep cuz i was to scared. it helped so much but i was scared people would notice so i didn't really do it again for a while. but then i stated cutting my wrist just to see blood and feel the pain but i was scared it was gonna scar so i did it lighty and then i found that if i cut on the middle of my arm cuz you can't see it. and today out of no where i cut again my leg my hand and my arm. I'm trying to make them not noticeable
but i just want someone to help me its getting out of hand

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I don't know if i want help i just know i want someone who understands - September 11th 2012, 06:47 AM

Cutting is addictive, so is practically every self harm, but it's a good thing you already know it's going too far. For one, maybe instead of cutting, go for a walk, read a book, ask a friend to hide it, just for a game sake you could say if you don't want to tell them why. There are so many ways you can stop, but first you need to make your mind object to the act of cutting, because your brain is the most powerful weapon of all time. So keep thinking positive, keep telling yourself 'I can make it, I can do this, I don't have to cut.' You could even recod your voice on a tape and play it over and over while you sleep so it sinks into your sub conscious

Keep free to message me if you have any additonal questions,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pyromania Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ?

Re: I don't know if i want help i just know i want someone who understands - September 11th 2012, 07:37 PM

I've been exactly where you are right now, trust me on this.

Stop it before it gets too late. I started off the same - nail scratches turned into screwdriver scrapes and they in turn turned into scissors, which turned into razor blades. It's human nature to be curious and as soon as you become bored with/desensitised to a certain sensation, the next logical step is to find something that works. In terms of SHing, this is essentially a cycle of severity as you'll always progress to more dangerous things.

The scars you have will be with you for the rest of your life. There's no avoiding that now. It's done. Do you want more? Or do you want to keep the very few that you have and not add to them? Picture yourself in 10 years' time - do you want a few minor white marks, or a load of deep, purple scars? In the future the temporary gratification will be gone but the scars won't.

The short term relief granted by cutting is absolutely nothing compared to the hassle and awkwardness of dealing with the scars later on. What happens when the good feeling runs out? All you're left with is a bunch of ugly, dirty lines that'll stay with you forever. I'm sure you don't want that to happen.

Try not to cut for as long as possible. In my opinion, making short steps is useless when it comes to this - you just need to *snap* and realise what you're doing. Don't do it today, don't do it ever again. If it helps, note down the time, date and place where you read this final bit of my post and remember it as the moment you quit. I guarantee you'll have made the right choice when you look back on things.

Feel free to PM me if you're having any troubles.

~P

Closed Thread