TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ab123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alex

I just cut for the first time - September 16th 2012, 06:16 AM

I got really depressed tonight and one friend said some really mean things about me and I cut for the first time I'm my life. I've been depressed for years but tonight wanted to make me hurt myself so I cut my self seven times and just watched myself bleed.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I just cut for the first time - September 16th 2012, 08:00 AM

Hey mate,
I'm sorry to hear that. Self-harming gets extremely addictive at times so I'd suggest you find alternate theories if you ever want to hurt youself.

If you feel like talking, just PM me, I don't bite and I know how it feels to self harm..
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nara

Re: I just cut for the first time - September 16th 2012, 09:42 AM

try not to cut because it is so addictive. like you, i was depressed for a long time before my first and i now regret it everyday. i think it's just as bad as drugs and alcohol. try to find other methods of dealing with your emotions. talk to someone about it, or just write it down to get your emotions out. its not something you want to continue to do. if you ever want to talk or anything you can PM me if you would like. stay strong.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I just cut for the first time - September 16th 2012, 05:20 PM

Hi there :-)

Firstly I want to tell you how well you have done to come to us here at Teenhelp and talk about what's been going on for you and reaching out for some support. I know that can be hard and you've done really well to do so.

I'm sorry that your friend has said some really mean things to you. I think we can all relate to how that feels. I know I've had friends say some harsh things to me before and I know it can be upsetting. Have you spoken to your friend about this since it happened? It might be good to try and talk through to her about what happened to try and resolve.

Self harm is actually a technique that a lot of people use. Some people use it as a one off where as others may have a mental health problem which leads to self harming for several years or so. Have you ever had urges to hurt yourself before last night or was then the first time you felt like you needed to hurt yourself? I think for now the best thing for you to do if you have moments again where you feel the urges to hurt yourself is to try and distract yourself from it. Take a look at this list. Not everything on there is going to help you so it's all about trial and error. It's important that you don't give up on all of them when one of them doesn't help you.

And if you need to talk to someone about how you're feeling or about what has happened, then do so. Whether that's family, friends, us here at Teenhelp, a teacher or even a school nurse/counsellor. We all care and we'll all try our best to help you through it.

You can do this.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread