TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Unhappy Why Is It So Hard! - September 18th 2012, 08:08 PM

Iím just so sick of people!! My friends donít even at like friends. My family is a mess and college is beginning to get difficult!

I just so know what to do with myself any more. I dropped out of college last year because I couldnít cut it I donít know why I thought this year would be any different. Iím just tired of not being able to do anything Iím just so thick

I have been struggling with SH for about 5 years and the more I look back on it thatís what helped me get though my GCSEís (Probably sounds a bit weirdÖ)

I really think that it did and I cant get the thought of doing it again off my mind. Urgg life sucks right now

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

ďMan cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.Ē -Andre Gide

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Why Is It So Hard! - September 19th 2012, 05:02 AM

Hey Billie,

Firstly, I want you to breath, it sounds as if things are becoming extremely overwhelming and I think you need to take some time to just get things in order. I find that when I am overwhelmed taking a bit of time to myself and figuring out how to take one problem at a time is really helpful.

Now, what is going on with your friends? Is there any way that you can talk to them about these feelings you are having? Friendships can be difficult and when everyone is caught up in life we sometimes 'forget' about those people around us but that does not mean that we have stopped caring. So I am going to encourage you to write down some of the things that are bothering you about your friends and then see if they are things you would consider talking to them about.

As for your family, what is going on in regards to that? Is there anyone in your family you can take to the side and talk to about it? It sounds as though you are letting all these emotional things with in your life overwhelm you and are not talking about it. I know that talking is hard but it can be really beneficial. If you want you are more than welcome to discuss some of the things going on here as well.

As for college, I too struggled with college for a number of reasons and had to take time off here and there. There were times that I thought I could not handle it but that was not the case. The truth of the matter was that I was having so much stuff going on that school became too much. That might be the case with you but there are definitely ways around that; do you think you could try talking to your professors about some of the things going on and see if they have any tips on what you can do or see if they can help you with assignments etc. I know that when I am feeling overwhelmed I have started going to my professors to ease my concerns. Also, set aside a certain amount of study time each day and try not to stray from that set amount of time. That way you will get enough study in and you might even get a chance to get ahead in some of you assignments.

Have you ever considered looking into counseling? I know that you are struggling and a counselor might be able to help you with those struggles and help you figure out some coping skills. Once you work out some coping skills you might find that things are less overwhelming and you might start getting to a better place in live.

Lastly, I am going to suggest that you look at the alternatives. I know that you feel like self harm is going to help you through school but please try the alternatives instead. They are a lot healthier and will do you more good in the long run. Here is the link: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

I hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to use teenhelps many resources.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread