TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lexus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I messed up... - September 30th 2012, 06:00 AM

I got back from the ER a few hours ago, I ended up going too deep and I wasn't able to stop the bleeding for 6 hours.

Now I'm sitting here,stitched up and feelin like complete S*** cuz i had to trouble my parents to take me to the ER.

I hate that i wasn't able to deal with this myself and that i even did it in the first place,i made my problem theirs~

I was doing good for awhile,Went 3 weeks without sh,Then i have in gave in,3 days later I did it again and then every night since until today when this happened.

seems like things only get worse Never better

Last edited by Palmolive; October 1st 2012 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Delicious Chaos Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I messed up... - September 30th 2012, 07:34 AM

It took me years to stop SH and i am still afraid of slipping up. I hope your feeling ok now.It will get better SH is not easy to just stop. You'll have relapses like this its just all a part of healing. Give yourself time don't feel bad.And I am here for you if you need someone to talk to

ďIíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.Ē
- Michael Jordan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden
  Send a message via Yahoo to Delicious Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to Delicious Chaos 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I messed up... - October 1st 2012, 01:04 AM

First of all, 3 weeks self harm free is a great achievement! I know it's hard, but slip ups are part of recovery and you did the right thing in getting your parents to take you to the ER. Have you taken a look at the list of alternatives to self harm? Here's the link http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. Not everything will work for everyone, so you may have to try several different things before you find something that will help. I hope this helps.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I messed up... - October 1st 2012, 02:43 AM

Hi there.

I'd like to start by saying I think you did really well to talk to your parents and to go to the hospital. I know that can be really hard and I've come across plenty of people who haven't got the medical help they needed because they didn't dare reach out. I hope you recognise how well you did to do so.

Going three weeks without self harm is amazing. Its people like yourself who I look up to because I don't know how you can go that amount of time without self harming. You're an inspiration to myself and I am sure, to plenty if other people too. Don't let the slip set you back. Recovery is a process and it's going to take time and along the way there are going to be slip ups but its about learning from the slip ups and using them to help up move forward, not backwards.

Things do get better but it's going to take time, hard work, motivation and dedication. It's a long process for most people and I know that it often feels like its never going to get better but you're getting somewhere each day. Like I said, you went three weeks without self harm and thats a whole big step in itself.

I also just wanted to let you know that if you want to talk to us about anything, you are more than welcome to. We'll try our best to help you through this.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Re: I messed up... - October 1st 2012, 03:01 AM

First of all 3 weeks Self Harm free is a great thing! Also, It took alot for you to let your parents know you had messed up and needed to go to the hospital so props for that. I hope you feel better

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lexus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I messed up... - October 2nd 2012, 04:21 PM

Thanks everyone, im feeling a bit better today

It was hard asking them for help,But thinking about it now im glad I did because there's someone i really wanna see again~

The first aid thread was also really helpful,I doubt i would have even known i needed help without it.

Closed Thread