TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Unhappy Its going downhill fast..I need some help. Bad. - October 1st 2012, 02:59 AM

Hey there.

So, I've been slipping up in SH pretty bad..I cut my thighs 14 times last Wednesday, 26 times last Thursday, and 9 times tonight.
I now have 49 healing && fresh cuts/scratches all over my thighs.

It's never gotten that bad before. I've been depressed/sad/unhappy for a while, but it's only really started effecting me in the past couple of weeks.

I don't know what to do anymore..
I took a few of those online depression screening tests/quizes and pretty much all of them said I could have moderate-severe depression, or some weird strain of bipolar disorder.

I don't know if this is for real, or if it's just a depressive "state" or "phase" or whatever. I mean, it could just be that I just finished my menstrual cycle, or that I'm just a sad person. I don't want to freak out my parents or bother a doctor for no reason.
And I'd reallyyyyyyy rather not tell my parents.

So, what should I do? I've tried alternatives...but they just don't work. And honestly, cutting isn't taking away the emotional pain anymore..

Some advice please?
Thank you.
~paula

EDIT:
I decided to also post this in Depression & Suicide, sense this probably belongs there more. Hopefully somebody replies or deletes one of these.

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

Last edited by escape♥; October 1st 2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Edit.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Edward Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Edward

Re: Its going downhill fast..I need some help. Bad. - October 2nd 2012, 06:25 AM

I'm not female, but I don't think your menstrual cycle is leading you to cut yourself. Unless proven otherwise, let's consider my statement to be true.

I don't know why you are refraining from speaking to your parents, but I strongly recommend talking to them about your issues. Not wanting to "freak out" your parents is not a valid excuse. They are your parents, and you are their child. Having helped raised one of my nieces since she was 11 (currently 15), I can tell you this - your parents have the right to know what's going on, and you need to give them a chance to help.

The same applies for doctors. See one if your parents are unable to help, i.e., consult them first. It's quite clear that you have some sort of psychological problem, and at the tender age of 15, you really do not want to take matters into your own hands. Most teenagers think they can handle such problems on their own, but in all honestly, they can't.

You don't need help, you need good and professional help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Its going downhill fast..I need some help. Bad. - October 2nd 2012, 06:26 AM

Hey there,

I think the best thing for you to do is go and talk to a counselor about this. I know that this might be kind of scary for you to do but I think that in the end a counselor will be the best bet for you to get all your questions answered. I know that you do not want to have your parents know but in the end you deserve to be in a safe place and a counselor can get you to that place.

I know that having your parents know can be scary but don't you think that they will want you to get to a safer place? Sometimes it seems like keeping secrets from those we love is the best thing but in the end letting those walls down and letting those people we love in is the best thing to do. Letting your parents in on these struggles could be an amazing way to work on getting to a better place.

Also, seeing as you already have a duplicate thread open in the Depression and Suicide Forum I am going to go ahead and close this one. If you have any questions regarding the closing of this thread or any other questions please feel free to pm me.

I hope that this helped and remember you can pm me for anything!

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; October 2nd 2012 at 06:36 AM.

Closed Thread