TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
swimmer92 Offline
Average Joe

Name: KP

Does anyone else feel this way? - October 2nd 2012, 08:11 PM

Last night I was in the shower cutting and i cut deeper than I ever have before and I felt a sense of pride and excitement that I had done that. And even today I am still proud, which makes me feel absolutely morbid. Does anyone else feel this? or is it just me?

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

Always? Always.

Last edited by Palmolive; October 2nd 2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Does anyone else feel this way? - October 2nd 2012, 09:08 PM

Hi there,

I think the first time I cut deep enough to need medical help, knowing I had gone so deep, gave me more of a sense of power and control. I wouldn't have called it proud but it's important you know that everyone self harms for different reasons and everyone feels differently about it afterwards. Feeling proud about it is not uncommon at all. Like I said, everyone is different.

I know you haven't gone into how you feel or your self harm, but I just wanted to let you know that if there is anything you want to talk to us about, you're more than welcome to talk to us. You're not alone in this. You're worth more than self harm.

Keep your chin up,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: Does anyone else feel this way? - October 2nd 2012, 10:44 PM

Hey there
Yes, I understand what you mean. When I cut deeper than ever, I felt a sense of omnipotence, and control. It was like a "Look what I can do, look what I can go through, you all are pathetic" type of feeling.
I've never cut so bad for medical attention, but I still get it.
I feel like when I cut deeper, I feel more in control, more powerful, but when I cut shallower and a large amount, I feel out of control and submissive.
Weird, I know. Hmmmm.
~paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Does anyone else feel this way? - October 2nd 2012, 11:04 PM

When I first cut deep enough to require medical attention, I felt a sense of pride, and accomplishment. It's really weird, I don't think it makes sense at all, but I still felt proud. I felt even more proud because I pulled that one off whilst in a locked unit.

It's nice to know that other people feel that mildly confusing sense of pride though, I had kind of assumed I was alone.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Does anyone else feel this way? - October 2nd 2012, 11:52 PM

I've never cut deep enough to need medical attention, but when I've cut deeper then I have before, I feel that same sense of pride as well.

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Does anyone else feel this way? - October 3rd 2012, 01:09 AM

I can relate too. I've never needed medical attention either, but each time I'd want to cut deeper and I felt...satisfied, I guess, when I did. You're not the only one that feels like that.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Does anyone else feel this way? - October 4th 2012, 10:54 AM

I don't cut but I know how it feels. I burn and the first time I pressed it hard enough to break through all layers I couldn't help feel this euphoria, this sort of 'I did it and I can go further'.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
ELEVATE
I've been here a while

Name: Hannah

Re: Does anyone else feel this way? - October 5th 2012, 01:28 AM

I can relate. I'd stopped cutting for a while . . . and then I went back to it. When I first went back to it, I could only just make a red line, and when I broke the skin and bleed, I was thinking "Ha, I'm back. I can do this!" Kinda strange really.

When I cut deep enough for medical attention (NEVER EVER going back there!), man, it hurt like heck! And just the fact that it hurt waaaaaay more made me freak out. But it was a controlled sense of panic, knowing that I did that to myself. I guess I was proud, thinking about how no one else I know could stand to do that to themselves, but I could, which made me somehow stronger, tougher.

Closed Thread