TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CantSpeakAWord Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I screwed up... - October 7th 2012, 05:57 AM

I'm new here. So I hope I'm doing this right..

Anyway.. Things have been so stressful and crazy so 2 days ago I cut myself. 6 cuts on my forearm. Only one of them bled. They weren't deep. I used an x-acto knife which I have because I make like making figures out of clay..

I haven't cut anymore since then but I see the knife on my table and I'm so tempted to cut again.. I've self harmed once before..3 years ago...
My cat gets angry VERY easily so I let her scratch the crap out of my arms. After that I never had the urge to self harm.

Until 2 days ago..

I know there's other ways to handle things besides cutting but the knife was right next to me and I was upset...I regret doing it. Or I think I do anyway..

I have a Dr. appointment in 2 weeks so that's kinda holding me back from cutting (for now).

I'm kinda hoping the urge will go away but I'm scared if it doesn't. I feel stupid for picking up that knife in the first place!

I feel like I'm just ranting so I'll just end this post now..

Last edited by Palmolive; October 7th 2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: I screwed up... - October 7th 2012, 05:59 AM

I just want to say that no matter how stressed you are, no matter how hurt you feel, or anything else... know that there are other ways to cope and that you can be okay <3

I'd suggest talking to your doctor if you think that might help. Or at least confiding in a friend who you can call when you get an urge?

Never give up

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I screwed up... - October 7th 2012, 06:01 AM

Hey, firstly welcome to the site, hope you enjoy being here.

At TeenHelp you can rant all you like, we don't mind.
But, 3 years is a big accomplishment and slip ups are very common when everything starts to overwhelm you.

I hope it goes well with the doctor

Feel free to message me if you ever want to chat. I can handle reading rants as well

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I screwed up... - October 7th 2012, 10:31 PM

Hey up

Firstly, welcome to Teenhelp. I'm glad you've come to us and posted this thread for some help.

I'm sorry to hear that things have been stressful for you and that this triggered the urges to hurt yourself. You haven't gone into a lot of detail about what has been stressful. I don't know what's going on for you but I do want you to know that if you want to talk to us about anything that is happening for you at the moment, then you're more than welcome to do so. We want to be here to help you, we won't judge you. We'll do our best to support you through it. The more we know, the more we can help.

How about when you get an urge to hurt yourself, you try a distraction to help get you through that moment. We have a list to alternatives in the self harm forum that you could check out. Not every single one is going to work for you though so you're going to have to try a few and not give up when something doesn't work, you know?

And talk to people. Whether thats a family member, us here, a teacher, a friend, a school nurse or a doctor, don't be alone. Some people in their lives go through phases of feeling low and use self harm as a one of coping method. But others start and get stuck in and struggle with their emotions terribly. If you feel this is a cycle that you can't get out of and you get to a point where you feel you need help, seek it. Don't let it go to far.

Remember we're here and that you can do this. You're not alone and you're worth more than self harm. Keep on fighting,

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
CantSpeakAWord Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I screwed up... - October 9th 2012, 04:30 AM

Thanks guys..

Closed Thread