TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
adaxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

New - October 11th 2012, 04:41 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm kinda new to this site, and opening up about my selfharm. Tonight (10/10/12 11:10) I grabbed a pair or abruptly large sicssors and cut a large line on my upper forearm and scratched the word hate next to it. I don't know what to do anymore I have no one to talk to and I'm scared because i think about suicide every day i wake. It seems stupid I know but I just can't deal with life anymore I'm a senior with not even the slightest idea on college I don't know if ill even be accepted into any schools and everyone one around me suddenly has a new idea of the type of person I am. I just don't know. I'm lost I guess.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: New - October 11th 2012, 07:44 AM

Hey, welcome to th, it's good to have you hear. I'm Jay and if you ever need to talk message me. I always answer. Also, I sh frequently and contemplate my death just as frequently.so I'll try to be of help when I can

See you around,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: New - October 13th 2012, 12:51 PM

Hey there,

First of all welcome to Teenhelp!
Self Harm is never good for you, it can be very dangerous and damages your body, I know it can seem like it can help sometimes, but it really doesn't. I would suggest taking a look at the alternatives thread, they will help to distract you fromt he urges to self harm. Not all of them may work for you, but keep trying and hang in there and you WILL find that do.
Suicide is never the answer, i know it can seem the like "easy" way out but nothing good in life is easy. There is always hope, something to live for, you have so much left to experience, college for example, don't let it all go now. Stay positive, i'm sure you'll get into college and if not theres plenty for things you can do, including re applying.

If you ever want to talk feel free to PM me,
Take care,
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: New - October 13th 2012, 03:40 PM

I'm glad you joined this forum. We care, and will try our best to help you get through this.
So, welcome!
Don't harm yourself, and don't give a second thought to what other people think about you. They are not worth harming yourself over.
Don't worry about college. Don't let this world pressure you into it. I haven't even been to college yet, and I'm 21, nor do I have thoughts of going.
And don't stress about schools, the worse that can happen is you do online schooling. Don't worry it's free. That's what I'm doing.
This world is so full of pressure, that we get depressed, because we try so hard to live up to it. Forget about all the pressure. Do your best, and be proud of yourself for that. Don't let other people tear you down.

Please PM me any time. I would like to be your friend.

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

Closed Thread