TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   Cutting+depression Guilt and feeling mean for being depressed around your family, cutting problems (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t113607-cutting-depression-guilt-feeling-mean-being-depressed-around-your-family-cutting-problems/)

Angustanimio December 14th 2012 08:57 PM

Cutting+depression Guilt and feeling mean for being depressed around your family, cutting problems

I am a cutter. I am feeling depressed and have read the symptoms online and found that I match several of them. It started over a particular problem, but now I just feel sad for no reason, although I have happy times. I go through different stages - when I am happy I'm on top of the world, yet when I'm sad I feel horrible. I would really like some help as this has gone on for around <3 months now, and it's really annoying me and making me angry because I know that this isn't me, I used to be nice, sociable and lively, now I'm lonely and down. My friends are drifting away - I've just lost my sociableness and I want to return to my real self. I am angry and annoyed at myself because i did this - not anyone else, me. I dint know what i was getting into.Thank you so much, I really strongly hope that you can help me - I would appreciate it so much. Thanks again.

ALittleLost December 15th 2012 06:15 AM

Re: Cutting+depression Guilt and feeling mean for being depressed around your family, cutting problems

Talk to an adult you trust about how ur feeling. That will help.
personal suggestion? U might wanna talk to a proffesional, like a counselor or someone like that. That would definately help
pm me if u need someone to talk to!

DeletedAccount17 December 15th 2012 06:34 AM

Re: Cutting+depression Guilt and feeling mean for being depressed around your family, cutting problems

So sorry to hear about how you're feeling. I understand because a certain problem of mine is what brought me into depression and self harm. I got myself into it so I understand the sadness and anger. I'm sorry to see you going through this.
About the self harm, I think it'd be great if you checked out the self harm alternatives list and try some things out till you find something that works for you. C:

You can't blame yourself for feeling sad over things. It's out of your control and I'm sure whatever happened was not your fault. It's okay to try new things and experience things. Also learn to let go and accept things.
As for the depression. You said you're drifting away from your friends, how about talkin to one of them and explain how you're feeling and why you're drifting away? Or talk to a therapist/counselor or your parents. I know it feels very dark and lonely so the best thing to do is talk to someone and let them know how you feel. That's the first step to feeling better.

The way your mood is up and down could be depression but also bipolar disorder. Or could simply be teenager hormones.

Another thing is to find a new hobby or something you enjoy. Music and writing in journals can help the soul a lot. :3

Remember, you're stronger than this and the person you once were is still in there and waiting patiently for you. You can overcome depression and self harm because you're a strong person who deserves happiness. :) you can do this. Please stay strong. <3
Feel free to PM/VM me or email if you ever need a friend, I'll always be here for you. C: my email is in my signature.
Don't ever give up.

~ Christabel