TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Crimsonprincess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Megan

Exclamation I can't stop - April 1st 2013, 06:15 PM

I stopped cutting and burning for a year...... But not the suicide attempts . I relapsed five months ago and I have Shed at least 3 times a day . I told my mom and she has almost isolated me , I am adicted now I jave blades and needles and lighters hidden everywhere in my room , I am always covered In scars scabs or new cuts and burns , I am a tattoo apprentice too so I am all the time getting tattoos and piercings at work and it's getting hard to his this from them, I need advice , I need help , I need someone

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: I can't stop - April 2nd 2013, 01:15 AM

Hey Megan. Try talking to someone you're sure won't isolate you or laugh. And try other things to distract yourself. Hobbies and books and music; just some healthy things to get you through the toughest moments.
Looking back on my advice, it seems kinda useless, but you can get through this....even with my cliche advice. I hope it gets better. I'm sorry.
God bless.
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Crimsonprincess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't stop - April 2nd 2013, 08:20 AM

She doesn't know I have my phone she took me out of public schools had taken everythingsbd has even moved my room to the upstairs do she won't have to deal w me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: I can't stop - April 2nd 2013, 03:07 PM

Hey Megan,
Welcome to TeenHelp!

I'm really sorry you're dealing with this. I know how much it sucks. Make sure you read through the alternatives to self harm thread (link) here.
If you try one and it doesn't work, don't get discouraged. There's so many alternatives there, hopefully you can find one that works for you.

One thing that I did was to get all of my tools and put them in one place, in a box or a bag or something. And then put that container in a spot that's really hard for you to reach or get to. It won't stop you from hurting yourself if you really want to, but the extra effort it takes to get there will give you some more time to think and try to calm down a bit.

Do you have anyone else you can talk to? A friend, coworker, or counselor? You said she took you out of public schools so where are you now?

You're not alone in this, even if certain people isolate you there are thousands of us who know exactly what you're going through. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk about anything. Even if it's just talking as a distraction from hurting yourself. You're so much stronger than you think you are.

Hang in there!
Hannah

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Crimsonprincess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't stop - April 2nd 2013, 10:57 PM

She has me in online schools and if I tell anybody at the shop I'd be ashamed of myself and I was clean for a year before I relapsed but my alternative was getting tattooed and pierced

(#6 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: I can't stop - April 3rd 2013, 07:50 AM

Congrats on going a year! No matter what happened after, you earned that year and I'm sure it was hard as hell. It was for me. You should be proud of it. You're so strong.

Is there anyone else you can talk to? Someone online maybe? You should try to see a professional somehow, some sort of counselor. Or is there anyone at the shop that you're closer to that maybe you could work your way up into talking about it? I know I'm being really repetitive, but you deserve to get help and not be all closed off up in your room. Just to talk to someone and find more resources to get help there's hotline numbers. In the US the national hotline is 1-800-273-8255. And there's always these forums and messages. It's a pretty great community here. But if you're suicidal you can also call 911 or go to the emergency room.

I would be really careful with the tattoos and piercings. I'm all for it as a form of self expression, but if it becomes something to replace self harm you're not solving the root problem and you'll just keep hurting. You deserve to be happy. And I think you'd be surprised at how many people deal with these kinds of things.

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

Closed Thread