TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lizziemariexxoo Offline
Hello
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ElizabethMarieTaylor

Unhappy help - June 28th 2013, 10:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i dont know what to do. everyday when i get up all i want to do is just cut my entire arm. ive felt like this for weeks ever since school ended. i just dont know what to do.. Help.

xoxo Lizzie xoxo

Maybe we'll turn it around, 'cause it's not too late; it's never too late. ~Three Days Grace

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
  Send a message via AIM to lizziemariexxoo Send a message via Skype™ to lizziemariexxoo 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: help - June 29th 2013, 12:35 AM

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling right now. I have been in that position before, its super hard to be there. But it's not impossible and I know it seems like it but i made it out of it. My best advice to give is take everything day by day, and plan things for yourself to do. Just keep yourself busy, and get your mind off of it. Make plans with friends, go out as much as possible. It helps, because you for one, can't do it right there, and two, your mind might get off of it. Use the alternatives when you can. They can really get you through the days.

And just know that you are NEVER alone. People care a lot about you, whether you know they do or not. I care. And if you ever need to talk or need anything at all, my PM and VM boxes are always open.

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: help - June 29th 2013, 11:34 AM

Hiya!

I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling. I understand how you feel completely.

Dionna gave some good advice. It's important that you keep yourself occupied, as it can help take your mind off things. I agree with going out with friends if you can, or going outdoors in general, as being stuck inside all day doesn't usually help you feel better. The Alternatives thread is also worth a look.

Is there anyone you trust whom you can tell about what you're going through? Like, a member of your family, a friend, or a counsellor? It could be an idea to seek professional help if you're struggling. Self-harm isn't something you have to go through on your own, so do get help if you can!

I hope things get better soon. Feel free to PM/VM me if you need help with anything. Hang in there!

~ Gareth
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
Closed Thread