TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
outofbreath Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Olivia

Unhappy Breaking inside? - August 2nd 2013, 07:47 AM

Hello there,
I was here before, but I recently got out of the hospital. About 4 months ago. I was in a long term treatment center for 8 months. For depression & cutting & all that stuff.
Why am I making the thread? Good question. I don't know, I guess I needed somewhere to vent. So, if you listen, thank you <3
The treatment center helped for the most part. I don't cut anymore. Well, at least.. I don't know. I don't know how long it's been, I stopped counting. Like 6 to 8 months, I've been clean. That 8 months was the worst 8 months of my life. Holy crap, horrible horrible people. -.- but somehow, since I couldn't cut, I got out of the habit. And I never want to go back to a hospital ever again. But the hospital also taught me how to keep in my emotions. When I wanted to talk to someone, they'd tell me no. Or later. So I had to take a lot of deep breaths and every deep breath was a scream inside.
Today, I found out that all the credits in the hospital, didnt count so I have to repeat the grade. All that **** for absolutely nothing. Freaking ridiculous. I just feel like all I do is never enough. I have to go back to school and school was always hell for me. And I don't know, I feel sick. Like no one understands. Everything is breaking inside. And I can't talk. I can't speak. I've lost the ability to. I said I would never cut again. But what's one more? ... No friends. No family. No hope.
So, now, I am sitting in my room, it is 2am, I have a razor. And I'm thinking about using it. Any advice? I'm sorry, this was just a bunch or randomness. Tried to explain it as well as I can. Please help. Thank you <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Magda Offline
Magdalena Konopacka
Not a n00b

Name: Magdalena

Re: Breaking inside? - August 2nd 2013, 10:54 AM

Hey, sorry I haven't come on here sooner.
I know it's been a few hours since you posted this so did you cut? If you did then i'm sorry and if you hadn't then that's great.
There is hope. Your hope is your future. You can cut again and then not get better but worse or you can put the blade away and get support. So the hospital was bad at talking to you, okay, buy you can do that here. You can talk to me and anyone else cuz we're all here willing to help. The hospital did help you in getting out of the habit which is great. So put two and two together and maybe things will get better. You can pm me and time and I'll try to get back to you asap I swear.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Breaking inside? - August 2nd 2013, 04:23 PM

Hey Olivia

Based on what I've read, the doctors or people that you encountered seem pretty unprofessional. They're supposed to let you talk to someone if you need to. Did you figure out why the credits don't count? It's been a while since you've posted this but I really hope you're okay! If you're still feeling the need to cut or if you get another urge, try checking out the alternatives thread. Congrats on going several months free! That's something to be proud of. And by the way, you're more than enough. Feel free to message me if you need anything.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
outofbreath Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Olivia

Re: Breaking inside? - August 3rd 2013, 08:37 AM

I'm alright, didnt cut. I distracted myself. Thanks guys. (:

Closed Thread