TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jocasta Offline
Priestess of Cegolaich
Not a n00b

Name: Allie

HATE My Scars - August 10th 2013, 09:23 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I see it all over the place on this site. People are proud of their scars and the sstories they tell? maybe im just not enlightened, but when i look at my scars ( the self inflicted ones anyway) all i see are memories of pain and desparation. i hide them as best i can because im embarrassed. i am ashamed that with all the things that have hurt me and still do, im the one that contributed these ugly ragged lines and holes. i hate waking up and seeing my mistakes, the cuts and trac marks. i want to rip the skin off my arms so people will see muscle and blood instead of all my self inflicted fuck ups. am i the only person who feels this way??

How can man die better? Than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his father, in the temple of his gods.

"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I ever had."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: HATE My Scars - August 10th 2013, 09:44 PM

hey I feel a similar way. I don't like my scars. Seeing them triggers me to SH more thus making more scars, ironically I guess it's different for different people. I mean they do say a story but that doesn't mean I'm proud of doing it. That being said, when I'm at home in shorts and my sister would tell me, "Susan, ew, your legs are full of marks, cover up" that's something that can bring me really down and at that point I'd feel like saying leave me alone, it's my body and if I want to show my scars I will sort of thing. Mind you, no one ever saw the cutting scars and I don't think I'll ever be comfortable to show those. The one's they're saying this from is the skin picking scars and those are everywhere so it's hard to cover.

small edit: I don't recall people wanting to show their scars on this site. I've seen many threads on how to cover their scars. However I've seen on other places people glorifying SH and scars. Not on here, I don't think so.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

Re: HATE My Scars - August 11th 2013, 06:41 AM

Oh, you mean being comfortable showing your scars? If someone feels like they can show their scars, that's great! If not, than that's fine too. Everyone feels a different way about their scars. Personally, I don't like mine either. So, no, you're not the only one who feels this way.

If you'd like to fade your scars, try using a body scrub so the cells begin to move. You can use a lotion after that. Lemon juice is known to help as well. Just remember that your scars mean you're a fighter.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Magda Offline
Magdalena Konopacka
Not a n00b

Name: Magdalena

Re: HATE My Scars - August 11th 2013, 12:10 PM

Hey. I don't like my scars, they're all on my left arm.,I hate them and wish I never did them. Sometimes though I get tired of hiding them, always covering, keeping secrets and hiding. my mum bought me a bandage to cover them. I wear it a lot when I leave the house now. It goes from my elbow to my wrist. I think when you say that people are proud of them, they just accept them. Everyone has their own story behind their scars, and everyone feels different about them. People say it's great when people show because it shows they aren't scared to go around with them in view because they feel confident. That's all xxx

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: HATE My Scars - August 11th 2013, 02:33 PM

I used to feel similar to how you do, but I've been becoming more comfortable with the fact that they're there. The scars I have are always going to be there - they might fade but they won't disappear, and I need to accept that instead of dwelling in hatred for them for the rest of my life.

With that said, I am not happy or proud of my scars. I hide them from a lot of people. They represent a really dark time in my life, and I'm not glad that I had to go through that; however, I AM proud that I got through it and I'm still alive. They represent survival to me now.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread