TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Harm (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/)
-   -   quitting cutting. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-self-harm/t122616-quitting-cutting/)

SilentBunny August 14th 2013 02:58 PM

quitting cutting.

So I've decided a gew days ago to go for 72 hours without cutting, and I made it 88 hours so far! It feels so freeing not cutting :)
I'm going to try for 15 days, and if I make it that far I'm going to buy myself a computer and a $200 starbucks gift card. :3

mindflower August 14th 2013 03:21 PM

Re: quitting cutting.

That's such a great goal!!! I'm so happy that going this long has changed your outlook and your emotions, and I wish you all the very best!!! :D
You can do this Jacob!!!

Ennui. August 14th 2013 04:21 PM

That's really awesome, and you have some amazing possible rewards too! You're doing really great, and I bet you can go far! :)

Rivière August 14th 2013 04:37 PM

Such a great thing your doing, quite achieving too! You must feel so good for actually going over your first goal. 15 days will come and go before you know it! :D

SilentBunny August 14th 2013 05:04 PM

Yeah, it helps I'm addicted to starbucks, so that really motivates me. :3

Azure. August 14th 2013 11:34 PM

That's a great goal! Stay strong- you can do it:)

SilentBunny August 14th 2013 11:51 PM

Well seeing as I cut 3 hours ago...thisl be hard

einstein's dog August 15th 2013 12:00 AM

try again!

you know you can get to at least 88 hours now :)

just think of that computer and all that starbucks you can get in 15 days! :D

speak to me any time :)

good luck! :D <3

Chris August 15th 2013 11:29 AM

I think this is a great goal - and you know aswell as I do that it will be a extremely challenging one. The main thing you need to do is be able to channel your thoughts on the starbucks & new computer you are going to get. If you focus all your energy on that; and not on self harm (which again, will be hard), you will find that 15 days will come alot faster!

You can do this - but only if your truly believe you can!

Best wishes,
Chris

DeletedAccount19 August 15th 2013 02:47 PM

You can do this, Jacob. I'm sorry to hear you cut again after going four days without doing it. :(

Stay strong and think about those rewards you've promised yourself!

Chuuya August 15th 2013 03:04 PM

Hey there,

This is an amazing goal, and a hard one at that. It might be difficult and you might mess up a few times, but you can do it. Just keep picking yourself up and don't give up. You can do it :) You have all of us here to support you through this and if you ever need to talk feel free to send me a message! Good luck!

Philomath August 15th 2013 03:06 PM

Sorry to hear you ended up cutting but do not let that stop you from keeping up with this goal.
Set the Starbucks as the goal for fifteen days and then the computer as maybe thirty?
That way you have two goals to aim for.
You can do this!

bitesize August 15th 2013 04:41 PM

This is absolutely brilliant, well done. Remember we all have slip ups and now that you know you've gone this long you'll be able to do it again. I'll be four years and six months free in two days time and take it from me - it gets much much easier as time goes on. Stay strong. x

SilentBunny August 15th 2013 05:43 PM

Thanks everyone for the support, it really means a lot.