TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thestorysofar- Offline
defend pop punk
Not a n00b

Name: Ally

I can't take it. I hate myself. I hate this.I hate everything. - August 22nd 2013, 11:40 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm just tired of everything...

Everything's just so hard. I hate it. I hate myself for doing it. Why can't it just all be over?
A swallow of pills.
A cut too deep.
Everything can just stop with a simple task.
But I would never do it. I think about suicide constantly, but never act on it.
I just want everything to be over. Everything to stop screaming.
Believe me, I've tried to stop, but the blade calls my name. I hate myself for doing it. I hate the fact that this is how i cope.
I just want everything to end.
Just to stop.

bullshit, you fucking miss me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I can't take it. I hate myself. I hate this.I hate everything. - August 22nd 2013, 11:44 PM

Hello you beautiful girl,

I am glad to see that firstly you won't act on your suicidal thoughts, it proves you are much stronger than you think.
I know the place where you are, and trust me, things will get better.

Honey, no matter what, you can break from this bad habit, it will be hard but I believe you have that strength to do so. Maybe see if you can cut back? Try new alternatives, take up a new hobby or do something with your time or maybe, when you feel like you "need" to cut, go for a long walk, listen to some music while you do so and get your head out of it.

PM me or email me if you want to talk,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Unbroken. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sarah

Re: I can't take it. I hate myself. I hate this.I hate everything. - August 22nd 2013, 11:50 PM

Find a passion or a hobby I have gone through a lot of shit too we all have but it depends on how you take it. Volunteer, dance, play football. Do something to get your mind off
1. get rid of things that make you think of cutting like tumblr was a big part of me cutting so i got rid of it.
2. do something different with your time watch movies draw play video games read books. anything positive
3. WHEN YOUR READY I cant stress this enough but when your totally ready flush the blades, take everything out of ur house that youve used to harm or can use and get rid of it.
4. Heal, this is a hard process and its the most important thing. I thought I was alone when i got this advice but its 100% true everyone has problems no one is alone ever.
5. Smile and forgive. Dont forgive for them but forgive yourself so you can move on.
Stay Strong. <3
Message me if you want to talk

❤ Sarah ❤ Anne ❤

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I can't take it. I hate myself. I hate this.I hate everything. - August 23rd 2013, 02:40 AM

Hey there,

Firstly, I am sorry you are struggling but I want you to know that it can get better. I think it is a good thing that you are not going to act on your suicidal thoughts. I know that sometimes suicide seems like the best action to take but I assure you that things will get better for you and once they do you will be so glad that you hung on through all this. One day you will be able to look back at all this and say "I survived" and those words will mean so much to you.

I know that right now you feel as though you need to cut but remember that self harm is not a necessity; self harm is something that is harming you and when something harms you it is not a good thing. I think you should consider looking into the alternatives. Here is the link: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ I think you should look over that list and when you have an urge to harm yourself you should look over that list and try some of the things suggested. I know it will be hard to do but if you continue using the alternatives they can become your new way of coping.

Do you know what is triggering your depression and your self harm? If you could work on figuring it out you might be able to work on figuring out how to resolve the issues. Something that might help you work on figuring out what your triggers are is keeping a journal and whenever you are feel like writing or are feeling triggered you can write things down. As time goes by you might start to be able to identify why you are feeling upset or feel the need to cut. Once you do this you can slowly work on identifying ways to remedy those triggers.

Is there anyone you would consider talking to about all of this such as a family member or a friend? I know that might be hard to do but if you open up to them about this they might be able to offer you support and advice. Would you consider reaching out to your parents, a teacher or a guidance counselor at your school about what is going? If you did you might be able to work on getting help for your self harm and you might not feel alone in your struggle.

If you reach out to an adult you might be able to work on getting into counseling which could be a really beneficial tool. A counselor could give you a safe place to work on identifying what you triggers are, trying to find healthy coping skills and give you a safe place to work through all the things that are bothering you.

Would you consider making a Reasons To Live List? I think that one of those lists can be really helpful when you are struggling with thoughts like suicide. Here is a link to teenhelps Reasons To Live List: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...-reasons-live/ I think you should look over that list and then try making your own list and when you have that list you can pull it out whenever you are feeling low.

Lastly, would you ever consider calling a hotline? Here is the link: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/ It can be really helpful to call the hotline when you are struggling because it gives you a safe person to call and help talk you through anything that is bothering you at the time. They will be able to help calm you down enough so that you do not feel the need to harm yourself any longer.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread