TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ViceOverVirtue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nikole

I need someone to talk to - September 18th 2013, 05:57 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Trying to quit all SH is so much harder than it use to be for me. I just sat here for like 30 minutes arguing with myself that if I do it now, it'll be the last time and making excuses trying to justify my reasons for doing it. It hasn't even been 48 hours and I'm already close to caving. I have no one to talk to about it when I feel like this. When I try to talk about it with the two friends that know about it, I feel guilty and ashamed because I know they really wish I would just stop and it just makes me more upset. I can't quit on my own because half of me doesn't want to quit and that half is SO much louder than my smarter half. Is there anyone willing to message me maybe and just help me out?:/ I'm sorry if this is really pathetic or anything. I don't know what else to do.

"Skies are blue and I'm alive. So all is well." - John O'Callaghan

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Most Likely Offline
Avete vos
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: -

Re: I need someone to talk to - September 18th 2013, 03:14 PM

I don't know if I'm a good person ... but I could try and help you somehow... I'm by no means the best psychologist in the world, but if you need to talk, a tip, an advice... really, anything, feel free to message me. I'll do whatever I can.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Most Likely 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: I need someone to talk to - September 18th 2013, 06:21 PM

You can always message me if you need to talk but if you feel comfortable with doing so, it maybe more beneficial for you to talk about whats going on in the support forums as generally this way you'll get more replies.
If you need alternatives to self harm you could have a look a the list which can be found here.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I need someone to talk to - September 18th 2013, 10:32 PM

Hey there,

Have you ever considered making a list of reasons why you shouldn't self harm? I made a list of reasons when I was feeling a bit better about not self harming and whenever I am feeling the urge to harm myself I will pull that list out and remind myself why I shouldn't self harm. When your urges aren't so strong you should consider making a list and then pull it out when you are struggling.

Also, look at the alternatives here: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ and use them when you are feeling an urge. Sometimes you might find that the alternatives don't work but if you keep turning to them your body can adjust to them.

Do you know what is causing you to want to harm yourself? If you can work on identifying your triggers you can work on finding resolutions to those triggers. Something that has helped me with my triggers is keeping a journal and maybe it will help you as well.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: I need someone to talk to - September 23rd 2013, 12:55 AM

Hey, I'm glad you are wiling to stop SH. And if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here. Feel free to PM/VM me anytime.
I like Jenna's idea of making a list of reasons of why you shouldn't SH, and I've heard a lot about how writing and art can help. The way I stopped SH was basically through music. I'm a violin player and I just played songs that really communicated my feelings. So yeah, definitely try communicating it all out. You can also check out the list of alternatives that Jenna and Jenny posted above for more suggestions.

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#6 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: I need someone to talk to - September 23rd 2013, 01:03 AM

I'd be happy to talk, Asteria. Just message me anytime if you'd like to. I know that quitting self harm is so difficult, but you CAN do it. I promise. It'll be harder at first, but over time it will get easier.

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

Closed Thread