TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kayla199822 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kayla

Unhappy Im so scared - September 23rd 2013, 05:07 AM

I find myself in a dark place as if I could yell and call for help but no one will ever hear me cry, I am known for being the happy, smily girl and acts like everything is ok but it's not ok I'm so scared I cry myself to sleep eveynight and I was never like this before I was always happy and smily but now all I want to do is cry and I'm staring to think I should hurt myself and I was always agenset that and hated when people talked about it but know I know how you feel and it's horrible. I think I should hurt myself because I diserve it I'm such a mess up. I respect my parents so much and I keep disappointing them and I fall to quickly and I get hurt in the end, my parents don't trust me even though I barley did anything wrong and I learn from my misstakes but they keep bringing me down I'm so scared so scared idk what to do and you havnt even heard the worse yet this is nothing and I don't want my depperssion to get worse... I need help. :,(

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Im so scared - September 23rd 2013, 05:36 PM

Hi Kayla! to TH.

First off, I can promise you that you're not a disappointment. You took a good step in coming here and reaching out to us for help. It's okay to not be okay. You can take that mask off sometimes. I'm sorry you feel this way, I know how it feels. Do your parents know about your depression? If not, I think you should let them know how you're feeling. You can sit them down, or even write a note. With depression, you really have to push yourself to get out there and do things that you enjoy. You could take a walk, play with your pets, join some clubs, volunteer, or that kind of thing. The less time you have on your hands, the better. Whenever you're feeling the need to hurt yourself, try to keep yourself distracted. There's an Alternatives Sticky at the top of the page and this site is also a good distraction, too.

Let me know if you need anything.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Im so scared - September 23rd 2013, 08:47 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are feeling this way but I want you to know that you can get to a better place.

Why do you feel as though you are a disappointment to your parents? You know, you probably aren't a disappointment to your parents. I know sometimes it can seem as though we have disappointed our parents but a lot of the time they are just worried about us. Do you think you could try talking to them about how you are feeling and try and work through these feelings? I know that might be hard to do but if you were to let them know how you are feeling they might be able to reassure you that you are not a disappointment.

I think you should definitely look at the alternatives thread and try some of the things listed there whenever you are feeling as though you want to hurt yourself. The fact is that harming yourself is not going to make you feel any better and it isn't going to solve any of the problems you are going through right now. In the end it is just going to add more problems onto your plate and you really don't want that.

Do you think you could consider looking into counseling to deal with some of the things you are dealing with? I know that might be hard to do but in the end it could be really beneficial. A counselor would give you a safe place to talk about everything and would help you work on solving your problems in a healthy way.

I really hope that this helped in some way and if you need anything please feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread