TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

I Need To Cut....One More Time. - October 1st 2013, 03:44 PM

I like to think that I can do everything, but I can't. I'm so beyond stressed right now, and I don't know what to do. This isn't my depression getting the best of me. This is just me not being able to cope with everything that I have going on in my life.

Everything today is making me want to resort back to cutting. I saw a razor, and I just want to slide it across my arm because I know that for a little bit it will make me feel better.

Like I said I'm beyond stressed, I work 35 hour weeks, I have to go in today and I literally don't want to. I also go to school full time (kind of) I've been skipping a lot of class, because I'm so stressed. I'm failing two, and I'm behind in two others, I don't know what to do... my friends, I love them, but we're all busy and half of them are stressed and don't realize that I need to talk to them, so they're like "not now, later, but I really can't tonight."

But I'm afraid if I don't talk to them soon, as in like today, I'm going to cave and cut....just a little bit. But still it's not something I want to go back to, I just want to make my life a bit better. Maybe I should just text them and tell them I want to cut. I hate being this person.

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always be yourself
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

Re: I Need To Cut....One More Time. - October 1st 2013, 07:56 PM

I am sorry that you feel alone and are beyond stressed. Giving into the urge to self harm may make you feel better for awhile but then you will be right back where you started and start the cycle over again. Try to find other ways to de-stress yourself. Something that gives you even a little bit of happiness so that you will not feel so overwhelmed. That will hopefully help get your mind off of self harming. You might even be able to give this link a look and maybe find something that works. http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ Good luck

What if I fall?
Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: I Need To Cut....One More Time. - October 1st 2013, 09:19 PM

Please don't hate yourself! You're just having a tough moment right now. You'll get through it. You are stronger than the urge to cut. Remember that every time you cut you make the urge to cut next time even stronger. Try to distract yourself. Leave your house if you have to. Cutting is not the answer. It's never the answer.

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
believeinme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Need To Cut....One More Time. - October 1st 2013, 09:37 PM

I understand exactly how you feel. I've been so stressed about school, that I've simply just haven't done any of it. And now I'm failing most of my classes, and I'm probably gonna have to retake the year. My friends are always busy too, so it sucks. I've gone back to cutting the last two days, and it was a terrible idea. Please don't do it. What I do is listen to music. That always calms me down. I don't know what type of music you like, but I listen to a lot of bands because I can relate to their lyrics. Sometimes I write down all of my feelings on a piece of paper, then later burn it in my fireplace. It helps a lot. Also, if you need anyone to talk to, I'm always here. Just send me a message. I know you can do this love.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I Need To Cut....One More Time. - October 1st 2013, 11:58 PM

Hey there,

I know how tough it can be to have to deal with stress but I want you to know you can make it through this! The stress that you are dealing with at the moment will pass with time. Do you have any thing in life that can help you work on de-stressing? Sometimes when I am feeling overwhelmed I will journal or blog and that can help. Do you think doing something like that would help you? I really think that you should try reaching out to your friends. I know they are busy but even if you just sat and had a conversation with them on the phone it could really help you out. Sometimes a nice conversation with a friend can help all the stress you are feeling decrease, you know? Do you think you could try calling your friends and just let them know how stressed you are and let them know you need to take some time to talk to them? I know that might be hard to do but it will be worth it if it leads to a nice conversation. Something else you could try doing is going for a walk when you are feeling the urge to harm yourself. I know when I am feeling an urge to cut I will go for a walk or go driving in my car and maybe that will help you as well.

As for school do you think that you could go in and talk to your teachers and see what you need to do to catch up? I know things seem really overwhelming right now but if you take it one step at a time you might find that you don't have a whole lot to do in order to get your grades up. And, try and work on getting to your classes each day. I know when you are stressed out that can be really hard to do but if you get to your classes you might find that the stress associated with school will be less intense.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Brittykitty Offline
Im InLove <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

Re: I Need To Cut....One More Time. - October 6th 2013, 01:17 PM

I love that you are trying to quit! You have a lot of strength sweetheart <3 but you don't have to become iron man relapsing is a way of life, I relapse so many times, but each time it makes me stronger and the time in-between my relapses get longer. If it is paining you this much just to cut, im sorry, but maybe you should. I and probably you are sh addicts and sometimes we just need to feed the crave. I wish you best of luck, and hope you get out of this!!!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Brittykitty 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: I Need To Cut....One More Time. - October 6th 2013, 04:27 PM

Hey there!

The others have given great advice, so I don't have much to add.
I would definitely try out some alternatives. De-stressing is very important. You could take a warm bath, go out for a walk, or listen to music to relax.

And, as someone already said, you can always ask your teachers for help with your class work. Or you could even get together with your friends and study together for company

I hope you stay self harm free! You are worth it Stay strong and good luck with all of your classes.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#8 (permalink)) Old
bubblebasher88 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Need To Cut....One More Time. - October 6th 2013, 07:33 PM

you need to tell your friends even if they don't listen, saying it out loud to someone will lift the weight off of your shoulders and if the urge gets too strong maybe you should cut but remember that moderation is key, too much cutting will affect your mental health in ways that you won't be able to fix easily, too little will cause you to cut more frequently. I hope this helps...take this advice from someone who has cut for over a year and a half......xx

Closed Thread