TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blyn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: brooklyn

Unhappy im not strong enough - October 22nd 2013, 09:17 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

iv been self harming for about 5 years now. i only stop self harming for a while when my parents notice. but lately i have been having a tough time with it, i have been cutting every night and crying myself to bed because iv been soo depressed latly. and yet i go to school with a smile on my face. no one not even my friends know what i go through in my head. i wish i could tell them but i cant bring myself to tell them. i feel like they dont care. and in class when i sit next to one of my friends i try to make my bracelet fall a little so my friend can see my cuts but no one ever notices..i wish someone cared. and i feel like ill always selfharm...its so hard to waking up in the morning, the hardest part of living is taking breathe to stay.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Deleted115 Offline
Привет
Average Joe

Re: im not strong enough - October 22nd 2013, 09:32 PM

Hi, Brooklyn!

Wow :/ thats a really Really upsetting story, i'm So sorry, i know how much it upsets you.

Hun, my advice is that you need to talk to your parents, you say that you try to sneaky reveal your cuts to your friends, so they'll confront you about it and be caring and stuff.

But the chances are that your friends will most likely tell your parents, If you told your friends, my advice is definitely talk to your parents. They'll care and be Very Nice to you.

I really wish i was in the same class as you; and saw your cuts. i'd really help and comfort you. I'm sure your friends would do the Same.

Thats why i think you should tell your Parents & TRUSTED Friends.

I know how bad you are feeling, but you need to speak up & don't hide your emotions either.

You won't always self-harm i Promise you that; you may think your not strong, but i can tell you otherwise; i will tell you that you are a Very strong girl, Because you've been Cutting for 5 years, and yet, you haven't took it to suicidal levels; the point is, your still here.

And the fact that you've endured all that cutting for 5 Years, yet still standing. Tells me your not only standing; but your standing strong.

Alot of people care about you, people in real life! and on the internet! Including here, i care about you! And so do many others.

I'm always here for you; if you need ANYTHING, To talk, help! Or anything. I promise i'll do my best to help. But please take my advice.

Talk to your parents; and Closely Trusted Friends. You're stronger than you think.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
blyn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: im not strong enough - October 22nd 2013, 10:52 PM

thanks, but the last time my parents found out my mom flipped out and chased me around the house... i just wish talking to people was easy for me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: im not strong enough - October 23rd 2013, 12:11 AM

Hey there,

Even though your parents may not have reacted the way they should have, I bet that there are people who do care. It may be that your friends don't know what signs to look out for, for instance. There is always someone who cares about you and is willing to help, if you ask them. Besides friends and parents, there are other family members, teachers, guidance counselors, school nurses, doctors, coaches and club advisers, or other trusted adults.

It is important that you have a support system through this time, and it seem as if you really do want one. Instead of verbally communicating with someone such as a friend if it's difficult, or waiting for someone to notice, maybe one thing you can do is write it in the form of a letter. That way, you are getting everything out in detail without nerves and interruptions getting in the way, which may make it easier. You will be able to get everything out in detail that you wish for them to know, without anything getting in the way. Then you can hand the letter to them or leave it where you know they and only they will see it.

Or, maybe instead of telling your parents on your own, maybe you can sit down with someone like a guidance counselor or a teacher first. They can arrange a meeting with your parents where they explain self harm and what you are going through better, so they can understand it better and maybe not flip out.

Also, try to use alternatives to self harm. A list of them can be found here. These are healthier, safer ways to cope. You won't have to worry about hiding anything that you don't want your parents to find out with these. You also won't have to risk infection. If one alternative doesn't work, don't get discouraged. There are plenty more out there, and one will work for you.

Do you know what it is that is triggering you to feel depressed? If you are unsure, you can try and keep track of it in the journal. In it, take special note of the times you want to self harm by writing down the date and time, where you were, what was going on, and how you felt at the time. You can even write about how you dealt with everything, such as whether you self harmed or not. Then when you're a bit calmer you can look back and see if any patterns or events may be triggering this.

Stay strong and keep fighting, I know you can do this!

-Dez

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
blyn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: im not strong enough - October 23rd 2013, 01:10 PM

Yesterday I got the chance to talk to my one friend, she told me she saw my cuts but didn't want to say anything because she didn't want me to feel embarrassed. We talked all night and she cares about me and I might stop cutting but it will b hard, I dnt want to stop...it feels too good. But she said I'm too good to b doing thts and I guess she's kinda right. I'm so glade I got to tlk to her

Closed Thread