TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
juanx Offline
ĄCUTTERĄ
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: juan pierre

I'm still alive,although I wished it otherwise - November 26th 2013, 09:32 AM

We'll since my last post,I've ended up in hospital to be treated for my cuts,I've hit two veins that wouldn't stop bleeding,but my friend came to my resceu,although he's pretty upset and keeps asking me why,I just don't know what to tell him,our friendship is still strong but I just wished that he wouldn't have seen me like that,its true what they say,its easier to start then to stop,and I thought I could have control over it but it took over so I just don't know what to do anymore

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I'm still alive,although I wished it otherwise - November 26th 2013, 11:32 AM

Hey there,

I think that maybe it would be worth it for you to call your doctor up and ask them for a referral for someone like a therapist or other professional. Alternatively, you can try something like admitting yourself to the hospital if your hospital has a policy that allows it. A professional like a doctor or therapist, or someone at the hospital, can give you ways to stop the self harm, make it easier to stop, as well as put you back in control of your life, but it is something that you would have to ask for, and they'd be more than willing to give it. It's a fight, but if you really want to regain control, you probably shouldn't do it on your own.

It's really great that your friend saved you as well. I think that this shows you have people who care about you, and even though you may not have wanted him to see you like that, it's worth going to him when you need someone to talk to so this doesn't happen again. He seems genuinely concerned about you.

It IS easier to start than to stop, but in the end, if you want to stop, you can. It does take effort, I'll give you that, but you can stop. Write down any reasons you may have to recover, such as that you won't have to worry your friends or worry about scars. At least then, you'll have a reminder.

I think I've given you this alternatives thread before, but I'll give it again, just in case. Try finding other things to do in place of self harming, whether it's on this list or not. Maybe you can hang out with that friend, for instance, because it's harder to harm yourself with other people around.

But, you can do this. You can take back control, all you have to do is try. It may be a long process, but it's worth it.

-Dez

(#3 (permalink)) Old
juanx Offline
ĄCUTTERĄ
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: juan pierre

Re: I'm still alive,although I wished it otherwise - November 26th 2013, 03:15 PM

Hey dez,thank you for the help,I'll probably get thru all this shiz some day,but for now I just want to be alone to think about I don't know what but I'll figure something out,I'm actually too shy to ask for help,I've been shy since I can remember,I don't know how to talk to people and I don't know what to say,I also don't know what to do for people to want to get to know me,I know lots of friend but they don't want anything to do with me even on facebook I only have 17 people but they never reply to anything,I only have this one friend that's always been there,the one that saved me,I want people to care about me and show that they do but maybi its because I'm just too weird for them,I also know that people will accept me as I am but it seems no one wants to,I am living a lie behind this fake smile of mine and they believe that smile,they can not see thru it,the hurt and pain that I have and when I want to talk they are not available so I don't know what to do or think about anymore,also I don't like hospitals,they freak me out,and I don't want to see any therapists here,all I want is for someone to hug me and show that they care,I want that someone special in my life........so any suggestions on what to do so that I can feel special and live a happy loveable live and would be appreciated would be helpfull

Closed Thread