TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DanTheMan :P Offline
Average Joe

Name: Dan

Vent - December 10th 2013, 08:26 AM

Last edited by DanTheMan :P; December 10th 2013 at 07:40 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Vent - December 10th 2013, 07:38 PM

Hi there,

As far as the self consciousness, remember that there will always be people out there who care about you for who you are and won't care about what you look like, and will like some of those "flaws" you may have. Maybe you can ask that kid that you sat next to to introduce you to some people, or join clubs and social groups in school or around town to meet more people.

It's also okay to be honest with the girl you like. I actually know plenty of people who haven't dated anyone at age sixteen, both male and female (I still haven't dated but know male friends who haven't either). Everyone just starts dating at different ages, but sometimes you have to break out of your shell and speak up to get what you want.

You may not be able to do much about your teeth without a dentist, but for now, try and take care of them as much as possible such as by brushing them at least twice a day, flossing, or using mouthwash. If you ever get the money up you can speak to a dentist. I know that it may be hard but everyone has that one thing they hate about themselves, but I bet other people really don't care.

And you know what? Sure, everyone has their issues. But these things are real to YOU and that is why they are important. Not everyone has to have some incredibly hard past or anything like that. Their problems are still just as valid and deserve just as much attention. Even the depth of your cuts doesn't make you less valid. If you're doing it, there's a reason behind it that should be looked into, whether deep or shallow, because it isn't a good way to cope.

Try and find other ways to cope with what is going on. For example, you can write, draw, or use art to get out what you are feeling, or even use exercise to release stress. Try and find ways to take care of yourself such as taking a bath or shower (without the self harm tools), eat your favorite foods, or reading a good book or watching a movie. This has other ways to cope.

Also, I really do recommend getting extra help from the teachers. I know it's scary, but it's a whole heck of a lot better than failing! Approach them before or after class, or email them, and ask them when they are free to help. I bet they'd be more than willing to give you the help you need.

Try and find people to talk to about this such as a family member, doctor, therapist, or other adult you trust. You don't have to go through this alone and there are people who can help.

You can do this.

-Dez

Closed Thread