TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
UndeadKilljoy Offline
We all go a little crazy..
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Thomas

Emotions = Anger - February 26th 2014, 09:44 PM

So I posted in the Suicide & Depression section yesterday, but I feel like this is more my area. And hey, this might even belong in the Mental Health category.

Anytime that I feel anytime of emotion other than happy, it turns to rage.. Maybe it's because I get so frustrated about how hopeless and lost it makes me feel. I don't know.

Anyways, that was just kind of the introduction to the problem. The real problem is that when I end up in these situations, which is now everyday after I come home from school, I just break down and start crying and that turns into the rage and I just kind of black out and when I finally calm down and come to I've put holes in my walls, smashed things, ripped letters, and have cut and burned myself in tons of places.. Self harm used to be a major issue for me because I used to do it while I knew what I was doing and just watch it bleed.. I just wanted to feel something you know? But now, I can't even control if I'm doing it or not.. I don't know how to quit and everytime I pick up a razor or lighter I just can't help myself..

I'd go into more details but my head is feeling fuzzy..

~I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.~
  Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadKilljoy 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
screaming at the sky

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Emotions = Anger - February 26th 2014, 10:03 PM

Hello, Thomas. And to TH!

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this, it sounds quite frightening.

Anger is a very intense emotion and it can become very challenging to deal with sometimes. If you're blacking out, as you know, this may become serious because you could do more harm than you would intend to do if you weren't blacked out. For this reason, I am going to suggest taking a look at some first aid information.

What I suggest is to try and ground yourself when you feel like you're going to black out. Grounding yourself is a way of keeping yourself in the present. You can do this by holding something such as a stress ball, by chewing gum, or making detailed mental notes of your surroundings.

Keeping a journal is another option that you might find helpful. In this journal, it would be best to put the date and time before adding how you're feeling and why you're feeling that way. Also, here is a list of alternatives to take a look at when you're feeling the need to self-harm. There are a lot of alternatives on there and different ones work for different people, so try as many as you need!

Lastly, I think you should reach out to someone that you trust so you can receive the help that you need with this.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016
12.04.19 & 06.10.20

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
UndeadKilljoy Offline
We all go a little crazy..
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Thomas

Re: Emotions = Anger - February 26th 2014, 10:11 PM

I probably should have been a little more clear in the area of talking to people. I physically cannot make myself talk to anyone. I had 1 person i trusted and that person abused that and basically caused my high-school life to go to hell in a hand basket. I don't trust people to talk about anything. Professional or not. I kept a journal, it didn't exactly help, but I kept one... I used to carry it EVERYWHERE with me. It didn't leave me until some guys decided to take it and shred the whole bloody thing.. I didn't have a choice.. And that kind of fueled the fire because I had written in their since I was about 10 every single day. I refuse to start another one and really can't make myself..

~I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.~
  Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadKilljoy 
Closed Thread