TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becca

Question How do i tell them?! - March 5th 2014, 09:58 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Go all the way to the bottom for the actual question or you can read it all, id appreciate it if you did but oh well. Please answer my question if you can. Thank you so much <3

I'm 14 going to be 15 in October. Two summers ago my grandparents adopted me due to family issues. My dad beat me for 3 years the took my baby sister from me and I have no way of knowing if shes okay or not. My mom kicked me out when I was 8 and forced me to live with my dad and step mom. My step mom would tell my dad lies about me and he'd beat the shit out of me, she had him rapped around her finger.
My step mom is/was a stripper and my dad and her would be out until 5 in the morning, leaving me to watch my little sister. My step mom cheated on my dad but he stayed with her, it drove my dad crazy. They fought constantly and im not talking about yelling, they would throw knifes,vases,playes,picture frames,etc. The cops were called almost 3 times a week, you think they would have called child protective services right? Wrong. They did absolutely nothing at all. My step mom came with baggage, two teenage sons they were 3 or 4 years older then me. My step brother tried to rape me and my did nothing about it at all. So I tried locking my door buy then my dad broke my lock, kinda like he wanted me to be raped right?
The last year I lived with him I started cutting. I had had enough. The first time I cut was with a earing, the kind you get your ears pierced with the sharp ones. Just one cut on my wrist. He saw and asked me what it was and I just said its red ink, he dismissed it and never gave it a second thought.
Like I said the summer of 7th grade the got custody of me and then this year they officially adopted me.
So 7th grade. New school. New town. New people. I was terrified, nave. So the bus I rode had this really cute, funny, charming, sweet 9th grader. At first I sat in the front by myself then one day he started talking to me. As the year went on he became my bestfriend, I told him everything. I ONLY trusted him. We had "our" seat on the bus, we talked constantly, we had our inside jokes. I started to fall for him, hard. Close to the end of the year he stopped riding the bus and talking to me as much, but we still talked regularly. The distance only made me love him more. The summer came around. I debated weather or not I should tell him how I felt, so one day I told him. It was in the morning and he didn't reply until very late that night. You know what he said? He said well then you should send me some pics. My heart shattered. I started cutting again, on my wrists and thighs. I became very depressed.
My grandparents became worried and sent me to therapy. I was diagnosed with PTSD, Insomnia, Paranoia, and Severe depression.
This year, im in the 8th grade. I haven't cut in about 2 months. I start cheerleading Saturday and I have scars on my legs. I have to wear shorts, and my grandparents are gonna see the scars. Ive never told them before and im terrified of what they'll do and what they'll think of me. What should I do?!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Re: How do i tell them?! - March 5th 2014, 10:16 PM

Hey Becca,
It sounds like you've had a rough life. It's good that you're getting help though.

First of all, kudos to you for not sending the guy the pictures he wanted. This, along with the fact that so much went wrong in your life but you're still doing OK, just shows how strong you are.

It's great that you're cheerleading. Doing sports and hobbies will help keep your mood up. As for your grandparents, you have a couple options - you could just tell them about your self-harm. This way it wouldn't be a surprise when hey saw your scars, and you could get help for that. Your second option - I'm guessing you're still seeing a therapist or something? You could ask them what you should do. I don't really know how much your therapist knows or what kind of help you get from them, but they might be able to help you decide what to do. One more option I can think of is makeup. You could put it on your legs and it would help cover the scars. I don't know too much about different makeup but some concealers and stuff help.

I hope that helped a little. If you have questions or want to talk you can send me a message.

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  Send a message via Skype™ to stelles 
Closed Thread