TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
l3amaangel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I NEED HELP! - March 7th 2014, 04:42 PM

Hello I am new to this page and would like someone... ANYBODY to help me... About two months ago I stopped cutting and I have now relapsed really bad... I have started cutting again... I am so sad sometimes I feel like nobody cares and I just want somebody to help me... I feel like just everybody is against me... I honestly sometimes dont know why I am on this planet right now... I started to kill myself last night, but instead I started writing a poem and I dont know how much more of this I can taked...

Seincerly,
SOMEONE THAT REALLY COULD USE A LOT OF HELP...
:SA

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: I NEED HELP! - March 7th 2014, 06:12 PM

Hey there,
First of all congrats on going to months without cutting. That is a big accomplishment. You should be proud of this and just look at this as a slip up and not be hard on yourself and pick up where you left off.

I'm really sorry that you are feeling this way and that things are hard right now. I know it seems like everyone is against you but I can assure you that they aren't and it just feels like that. I know you say you don't know why your on this planet but I can assure you that you are here for a reason don't give up home.

As for cutting I know it seems like that is the only way to cope, but it really isn't. I know it's really hard to resist the urges but it is worth it to resist. I would suggest trying some of the alternatives on this thread here. They can be really helpful and distract you from wanting to cut.

If you ever need to talk know I am here and you can PM/VM me anytime.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liz

Re: I NEED HELP! - March 7th 2014, 09:08 PM

Hi there,

To start, I just want to say CONGRATS on 2 months! That's a lot of time resisting the urge. I haven't gone one day without cutting. Knowing that you've gone 2 months tells me that you're already getting better.

I really wish you had never had to go through something that makes you feel like there is no hope. I can tell you it sucks; but you don't need me to tell you that to believe me. I hope you can find some other coping skills instead of cutting to deal with everything.

But for relapses, they have to happen to get better. Just make sure that you're not going back to what you did before. What may help you is flushing some, maybe not all, your blades so you're not as tempted.

I know I'm not a professional, all I have is advice. And you don't have to take it. But it's just something to try. If you EVER need to talk or just want to see if someone cares, I'm here

(#4 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Re: I NEED HELP! - March 7th 2014, 10:20 PM

Hey,
Even with a relapse, 2 months is something to be proud of! And if you stopped before, you can stop again. You have the ability to, you just need to make it happen. Think of cutting again as a little slip instead of restarting.

And lots of people care about you. Your family, your friends, your classmates... heck I care and I don't even know you. Everyone is not against you, everyone is willing to support you right now.

It's great that you turned to writing instead of suicide. You should consider posting any of your work in the Self Expression forum! Also, the list of alternatives to SH that Frankie gave you are very useful.

you can PM/VM me if you ever want to talk. Good luck, and I hope that was helpful

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  Send a message via Skype™ to stelles 
Closed Thread