TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aligirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ali

Smile Fighting SH for 6 years+ - March 26th 2014, 01:46 AM

Hi Ya'll I'm new here- and this is my first post.
But I just wanted to say, that for anyone fighting SH of any variety, it will be okay. I've fought self harm for 6 years minimum. I don't quite remember what it was like to go a week without urges that I had to make the choice to either fight off, or give in to. I was recently curled up on my bed writing a mini essay about the purpose of SH. Why do we do it, and how can we stop. I've made tremendous improvement. Sure, I've fallen a few times but I got back up, and I continued to fight those urges. Everyone's going to have slip ups from time to time, that doesn't mean that you fail. The only time that you fail is when you stop trying to fight it. When you continuously give in without trying and don't even care, that's the only failure you can find. Even if you fall to an urge, as long as you pick yourself back up you're not failing..you're learning.
One way that I cope with things is using my story and my lessons learned to help someone else still in the heart of the addiction, someone that's fighting to get out and isn't sure how. I recently made a facebook community page called "Shush" which stands for Self Harm Unveiled, Support and Help. If anyone needs help or just wants to talk to me about it feel free to message me on there, or on here. I'm still struggling some days. I'm still fighting through the urges. But helping other people to find the light at the end of the tunnel puts me a step closer to finding mine. Stay strong Ya'll <3
  Send a message via MSN to Aligirl  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Fighting SH for 6 years+ - March 26th 2014, 01:59 AM

Welcome to TH!

It is so great to hear that you have made some really great improvements and have fought, even during the times it gets hard or when you have slip ups. You have such a great outlook no self harm and recovery and I can tell that you can beat all of these urges and come out on top.

It is also so awesome that you want to help others! I hope to see you around the Self Harm forum! Remember that if you ever need support when struggling, you totally can get it here!

Keep it up! ^_^

-Dez

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ginger98 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ginger98

Re: Fighting SH for 6 years+ - March 26th 2014, 02:04 AM

Thank you for this post! message me if you ever need anything!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stormy Rainbow Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Fighting SH for 6 years+ - March 26th 2014, 02:29 AM

It's amazing that you have made such huge progress with SH. I know how hard it is to fight but it's worth it so great job. And it's awesome you want to help people too.

|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: Fighting SH for 6 years+ - March 26th 2014, 07:33 PM

Hey! First things first, welcome to TeenHelp. I'm Britt.

Thanks for posting this. I've been SH free for a little over a year, and it's not been easy. I just decided to quit one day and I haven't done it since and it was the hardest decision and road I've ever been on. I still struggle with urges to do it, but I haven't given in, and I don't plan on it.

It's nice to know that other people are in recovery and know that slipping up doesn't mean failure. Keep on fighting, and never give up. You're worth more than SH.

Take care, and if you want to talk feel free to PM me.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jays Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jamie Sue

Re: Fighting SH for 6 years+ - March 26th 2014, 07:56 PM

I was SH harm free for 2 years and i had a slip up a week ago and i am trying my hardest to keep it like that. Your post was very helpful to see that light once again.... Thank you...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Fighting SH for 6 years+ - March 27th 2014, 03:36 AM

Hey, thanks for sharing this. I'm sure it'll inspire lots of people who are trying to recover from self-harm. Even with slip-ups, you're doing pretty great and it's awesome that you're trying to recover. You're gonna be able to get past this! Stay strong, and feel free to message me if you need!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Fighting SH for 6 years+ - March 27th 2014, 06:13 AM

Thank you for sharing that!
It's nice to hear of stories like this.

Closed Thread