TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
morgan matthews Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: morgan matthews

Post whats the point? - April 15th 2014, 10:02 PM

i get bullied and them bullies made me feel low and said things about me that i started to believe so i took it out on myself and cut cut and cut deep deep and deeper , the thing is it feels good and its like your realising stress cells. i have scars and cuts all over my arms i regret every single one of them, i have trouble at home and im just not confident in what i do say or look like yeah this aint my full story this is a brief , anyway all im trying to say is that i felt lonley and like i had noone and i dont want annyone else to feel that way!!! your beautiful dont u ever forget that! mwahh <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: whats the point? - April 15th 2014, 11:42 PM

Hey there,

I am really sorry to hear that you are being bullied right now. I know that it may be hard, but you do not deserve to go through something like that. I really think that you should possibly report the bullies that are doing this to you. I know you may not want to, but if someone at school knows what you are going through, they can put an end to it. Try and document any evidence you have or get witnesses if possible, but even if you don't have witnesses you really should still tell. There are policies in place to prevent bullying so that should be on your side.

Anything the bullies are saying to you isn't true though. They tend to pick out what they feel as if you will be insecure on, but you have SO many good qualities, and NEVER forget them. You are beautiful, amazing, smart, and all around wonderful. Write down all of the things that you or others like about you as a reminder of just how great you are. You can also write down or print out encouraging quotes or pictures as a reminder that you CAN do this.

I don't know what the problems you have at home are, but I really think you should get support for everything that is going on in your life, at home, in school, with the self harm, and anything else. This is a link to a list of people who can help you, and I'm sure someone on that list would be more than willing to! You don't deserve to go through this alone, and there will always be people who care.

Self harm really isn't a good way to cope though. In the end it makes the problems worse because you end up regretting the injuries after and risk infection or people you don't want knowing finding out. The problems also come back because you aren't really solving them. Instead, try and find a new way to cope, such as one of these alternatives. They're healthier, safer ways to cope. Don't get discouraged if one doesn't work though, because everyone is different and one will work.

Try and find ways to express your emotions as well such as writing, art, music, or exercise, because that way everything isn't building up inside as much and you have another way to release what you are feeling. Also try and find ways to take care of yourself, even if it is just a warm bath or shower to unwind, watching a movie, or doing a hobby you like.

We're always here for you on TH if you need it!

-Dez

(#3 (permalink)) Old
morgan matthews Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: morgan matthews

Smile Re: whats the point? - April 16th 2014, 10:57 AM

thank you for that means alot i have alot of witnesses but they are the ones who area afraid to help me encase it happens to them, yeah im not perfect but i do try... i have recent cuts on my arms but other then that im getting there , yesterday i found out what sex my moms having so i have a sister on the way and thats something to distract me and make me happy so thanks you for your support

Closed Thread