TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan "sunshine" Gree

Smile im a survivor - April 17th 2014, 05:40 AM

I just broke my record for longest time without self-harm, I cut last night. My time was 2 months and 4 days. Longer and longer time, I am going to trynto hold off as long as possible, I think that was the last time I will ever cut again

(#2 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Re: im a survivor - April 17th 2014, 11:28 AM

Aww well done Ryan for not self harming for 2 months and 4 days . That is a big achievement. I am sorry to hear that you cut last night but well done for saying that you want to try to hold off as long as possible. If you want you can have a look at the alternatives to self harm thread, here is the link http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/.

Love From Meera xx

"Never forget what you are,the rest of the world will not. Wear it like an armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: im a survivor - April 17th 2014, 03:19 PM

That's really great that you broke your record! I'm sorry that you cut last night, but you really should be proud of yourself for how long you went without it. As Meera said, the alternatives list is great to check out when you have a tough urge. It's good to hear that you have such a good attitude about quiting and I wish you the very best. Keep staying strong because you've already proved to yourself that you can do it!

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: im a survivor - April 17th 2014, 04:25 PM

Hey, Ryan!

While I empathise with you having cut last night, I think it is fantastic that you are not focusing on it but rather on how long you went without it. You should be proud of yourself, for going over two months without self-harming is amazing! It's also amazing how determined you are to keep going, which I'm sure you can do. Definitely check out the Alternatives thread as mentioned, as it contains some great ideas which might help you along the way.

All the best!
-Gareth
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: im a survivor - April 17th 2014, 06:03 PM

It is so great that you went so long with self harm! I think that this proves that you are strong and really motivated and determined to beat self harm, and that will get you so, so far in becoming self harm free. Keep up the good work, you can do this!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: im a survivor - April 17th 2014, 07:50 PM

You have a pretty great mindset since you're focusing on how long you went without it. That's extremely great and will help loads in your recovery. You're doing so great, just always remember that there'll be relapses during recovery. Every single day you go without it is a victory!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Re: im a survivor - April 17th 2014, 08:37 PM

Hey Ryan,

I'm really glad that you're not letting your slip up discourage you. Self harm can be a really difficult thing to give up, but I think that your positivity and determination will make it a lot easier. Having alternatives and distractions to turn to when you feel like cutting will be really helpful, as well as maybe having someone to talk to when you're having a hard time. I really think that both these things, along with the motivation you have, will allow you to be successful in giving up self harm for good. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you continue to stay so positive Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk. Take care!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
frison1313 Offline
Average Joe

Re: im a survivor - April 19th 2014, 06:54 PM

It's amazing Ryan to see how far you've come !! Please remember that it's amazing that you managed to stay clean for 2 months and 4 days. You seem to be very positive, keep going! I'm proud of you !

Closed Thread