TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
scarsspeak Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Exclamation I really want to bleed. - February 19th 2015, 07:29 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I really just want to bleed and I've never cut the inside of my arm before but I did yesterday and I want to do more. I have razors hidden around my room and I was planning to later but my best friend made me promise him I wouldn't. He won't be angry if I mess up but I did promise him and I can't talk to him because he's off wifi and I just really want to cover the rest of my arm in cuts I really want to. And I want to badly too I don't just want to. I want to cut deep and vertical and I want to disappear.
  Send a message via Skype™ to scarsspeak 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I really want to bleed. - February 19th 2015, 07:39 PM

To start with think off all the reasons you shouldn't.
Then try to put it off 5 minutes at a time.
If you can go for a walk to remove yourself from the oppurtunity to SH.
If you think you will cut too deep.
Please get professional help.
Rather before then after you paralised your hand becaus eof hitting some nerves right?

When your crisis is over put together a safety plan. This will help you improve the situation next time hopefully.

Keep strong.
Love Crotia.

BTW look at the self harm alternatives thread.

Helping others sometimes makes it easier to feel good about yourself and help yourself.

So PM me if You want.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I really want to bleed. - February 19th 2015, 09:45 PM

Hi Hannah, and welcome to TeenHelp!

Do you know what triggers you to self-harm? I suggest keeping a blog or a journal to document how you're feeling. For example, if you find yourself getting upset, write the date, time, location, and what's going on. After you document your feelings for a while you may be able to find a pattern which can help to identify your triggers. Journaling or blogging are also great tools to use to express all of your feelings. You can blog here on TeenHelp.

Making promises regarding self-harm don't always work for people. If, over time, you find that promises don't work then consider trying something else. Promises can cause more shame and guilt if they are broken which can cause someone to want to self-harm again. I'm glad to hear that you have a supportive friend to lean on and I can understand how not being able to talk to him is tough on you. Do you have anyone else you can lean on? Having several people to support you is important in your recovery. If you don't have anyone else to lean on, consider telling someone that you feel as though you can trust with this. You can also call a hotline and operators will be able to talk you through your urges.

I think you should consider moving your tools out of your room and to a different area of the house. That way, you'll be exposed to a lot of potential distractions. You can also move them to a place that is difficult for you to get to, such as a high shelf in your closet.

I know it seems hard right now, but keep fighting through these urges!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
scarsspeak Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Re: I really want to bleed. - February 19th 2015, 10:49 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. I do have other people to lean on just. He helps me the most. And I can't move the tools because I'm in college, so I just have one room.
  Send a message via Skype™ to scarsspeak 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I really want to bleed. - March 1st 2015, 10:51 PM

Hi there,

I know beating self harm is difficult but I also know its very possible.

Have you tried using distractions when you feel you have urges to self harm? Things like going for a walk, watching a film, having bath/shower, self soothing, playing games, talking to a friend, going out etc. I know it can be hard to act opposite but I also know it can be really helpful to do so no matter how hard it may be. Focus on what works in the moment. Put yourself first because you're number one and you have to focus on yourself and what's going to help you.

I also think you talking to someone could be a really good idea. Someone like a teacher, family, friends, GP, counsellor, etc. I know reaching out for help can be a difficult one but it can be really beneficial for you too. Sometimes we keep things inside of us and it builds up and up and up until its so intense that we just want to self harm. So the more you talk about it, maybe the less intense the urges will be.

Or even more so, find a way of expressing yourself. Maybe through writing in a journal, writing poetry, writing music, singing, going for runs and so on. Again, what ever it is that works for you.

You can get through this so stay strong and keep fighting. Its going to be a hard fight but its also going to be well worth it and I believe that you can beat this. We're always here if you need us too so feel free to post at any time.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread