TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cat224 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassandra

Unhappy Don't know what to do. - February 25th 2015, 02:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay. So ive been clean from cutting for about 8 months. & I am so proud of myself. But I need something. I need to feel something. I need to see a scar. I miss it . But yet I don't want to harm myself. But I do, & sometimes I think I deserve to hurt myself. But im one of those people who as soon as they think of something negative try to think positive. But its not working right now. I need some kind of scar, some kind of pain . The way the pain feels. & I don't know what to do . But I need something.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
claiot14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Don't know what to do. - February 25th 2015, 04:58 AM

Try holding an ice cube, it gives a similar sensation and it doesn't leave permanate damage

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Don't know what to do. - February 25th 2015, 08:50 PM

Congrats on being self-harm free for eight months, that's amazing!

It seems like you're looking for something that gives a similar visual and physical sensation as cutting does. Like someone mentioned above, you can try holding an ice cube as that helps. If it's cold where you live, you can consider taking a walk as well. Perhaps you can draw with red ink or paint your nails red. You can also draw on yourself with a red marker or pen. I've heard of people using fake Halloween blood on themselves too. Here is a list of some more self-harm alternatives that you can take a look at.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Don't know what to do. - February 26th 2015, 03:28 AM

Cassie gave you a wonderful list of alternatives. One that I used to use was taking red ink and then taking ice and dripping the water on it. It would smear and it would look kind of like blood. Also, taking the time for the ice cube to melt would give me a cold sensation and that would feel really good. It's basically two of the suggestions you had mentioned mixed together.

I also like the idea of Halloween blood and found some on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...alloween+blood) It might be something you could consider buying sometime in the future.

I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread