TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bhanratty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Failure - March 26th 2015, 07:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

If you track my posts you will see i was doing good but its getting bad again and ive ended back up in hospital. I dont feel i can talk to anyone; ive lost tonnes of weight (am now 17 years [Edited] and 6'4" boy) and the cutting urges have been coming more powerfully than before.
Does anyone know a place i can go and get confidential help because i cant look a doctor in the eyes and explain these things.

Last edited by cynefin; March 26th 2015 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Please don't post weight numbers, they're against the Code of Conduct. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Failure - March 26th 2015, 10:18 PM

Hey,

You're most likely still going to have to look someone in the eyes and explain what you're going through if you go to get help elsewhere. I know it can be hard to be honest with your doctor, but I suggest being as honest as possible. Doctors have seen and heard everything before, and there isn't much you can say that will surprise them. Your doctor's job is to help you and he or she can't provide the right amount of help if you're dishonest. Look at being honest as a way of helping your doctor to help you. With that being said, you can always check out the hotlines as those are anonymous to an extent.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Failure - March 26th 2015, 11:41 PM

Hey there,

Talking to a doctor can be hard but it is one of the best ways to work on getting help. I know that for the longest time I struggled with opening up to doctors or counselors about what I was going through and because of that I didn't get the help I deserved. Instead of being worried about what they might be thinking or any of that just be content with the fact that these doctors are there to help you get better and have most likely experienced a lot of this stuff before. As stated the hotlines are an anonymous place you can call and get some support if you are struggling. I don't think they are as good as talking to a doctor or counselor but I have used them when my counselor was not available and they have kept me from harming myself so it might help you as well.

Best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SherlandMolly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Failure - March 28th 2015, 09:02 PM

I agree with the above statements, if in the time being you need to talk maybe you could find a local helpline?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Failure - March 28th 2015, 11:33 PM

Hi there.

I was in and out of hospital as a teenager. Now as an adult, I've been in hospital for nearly two years (In may) and it's tough as shit, but it's been damn worth it. I never could look at people in the eyes, but my psychologist picked up this and started asking me to look her in the eyes and so did my GP before I went into hospital. If you want help, you've got to do it. It's going to be hard but you can do it, believe in yourself. You deserve help and and support so don't be afraid. The people working with you have so much experience and want to help you so let them in and let them help, it's their job. You've got this.

Always here,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread