TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cantaxi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Cut down to Fat - April 7th 2015, 11:15 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hay everyone,
Last night I cut myself again. I melted a new razor out because I lost my old one and...well you know how it goes. But anyway, there was lots of blood, it was running down my leg in about four or five trails. I didn't think anything of it since it was the first time I'd cut on my leg instead of my wrist so I just wiped of any excess blood and left it like I always do.

I woke up this morning and went to have a shower and now that all the coagulated blood is gone I can see fat through one of the cuts. Well It's like a whitey, yellowish substance that looks a little like jelly that's inside my leg so I guessed it was fat.

So what I'm wondering is do I need to treat it any differently? If so anything in particular I can try and do? Or should I just leave it like I do with all my other cuts?

Thanks for any help!
Phill

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Cut down to Fat - April 7th 2015, 01:55 PM

Hey,

New tools can be particularly dangerous because they're sharp and it doesn't take long at all to go through different layers of your skin. It seems like you just cut to fat, and not anything else. But if you see something that is a dark red, it could be muscle. I highly suggest getting it looked at or purchasing some steri-strips so you can clean it and close it at the very least. Keep it clean, and watch for signs of infection. This page might help you too.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Cut down to Fat - April 10th 2015, 04:14 AM

Hey there,

It does sound like you cut to the fat. I've done this many times while I was actively cutting and it can definitely be a bit scary the first time you do it. I never treated my cuts with anything and was lucky that they didn't get infected. If I were you I would definitely look into getting some butterfly bandages to try and help heal the wound. I would also keep an eye on it because there is a chance that it will get infected.

In my opinion you should look into going to the doctor and having them look at it. I don't know if they can stitch it because it might be too late but they'll be able to look at it and, possibly, provide you with an antibiotic to prevent infection.

If you are going to use this new blade I would suggest that you try and be careful. Using new blades is always dangerous because they make it easier to cut deeper which could lead to more problems for you.

I really hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread